Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2021 4:44:19 PM EDT
So you may have seen the fuel filter that can be made into a suppressor. Facebook
Form 1 I am guessing?
Any guess on how long it would take!
Would it b worth the time?  Or would it not work?
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm assuming you're talking about a thread adapter to thread a filter onto your barrel.  If so, I can't imagine why you'd bother.  You're still paying for a stamp, it's not going to be especially effective, and (I think) you technically would need to be a SOT to replace the filter.  If you want to get into form 1 suppressors, you might as well make the stamp worth it and build something more effective.  What are you trying to suppress?  What are your goals?  With more information people will be able to point you in a better direction.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
He's talking about these "fuel filters" that are just extremely thinly veiled monocore suppressor kits from china.  Buying one of these is just begging the ATF to come fuck with you.  Any company that sells stuff like this has pretty much been raided within a few months.  Anything that is resembles a monocore suppressor has always gotten attention from the ATF.  More recently anything that is like a complete "form 1 suppressor kit" has started getting their attention.  This is both haha

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/6-10-Inch-Aluminum-NAPA4003-WIX24003_1600083457717.html?spm=a2700.gallery_search_cps.normalList.21.221c9468Mwpv6h
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#3]
There's the (probably illegal) monocore version and also this one:

Wish.com build from Ecco
They actually do work, but if you're going to drop 200 on the stamp, just get a stainless xrt kit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:09:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about those monocore "fuel filters."  Those things sound like a PITA to clean compared to something using either S/S or Ti cones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top