Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2020 6:19:13 PM EDT
I have a Ruger 44 carbine gun that I've been messing with. It was mess when I got it. Broken front sight, trigger guard, in a 10/22 stock and missing parts.

I know have it in operable condition and put a Williams rear peep on it, the one that bolts to the top of the receiver and a front sight from Numrich. Problem is, I cannot get the gun on paper. I am hitting high. I have adjusted the rear sight as high as I can. The front sight is a 3/8" dovetail and .440" tall.

Anyone reccomend a front sight height? I was thinking of going with a .375" tall front sight but do not know if that is enough?
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a .538 tall sight after doing some more google digging. The retardation was bigly with me thinking I needed to order a shorter sight.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope you get it all squared away. Love that rifle. Used to shoot my father's ruger 44 carbine all the time and it's a lot of fun to shoot
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Still waiting on the sight, but hoping to get it squared away before gun deer. Should do the job well.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have adjusted the rear sight as high as I can.
This may have been a typo, but if you're hitting high you want to move the rear sight downward - not up.

I love these carbines, have owned a few over the years.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have adjusted the rear sight as high as I can.
This may have been a typo, but if you're hitting high you want to move the rear sight downward - not up.

I love these carbines, have owned a few over the years.
View Quote

Figured that out the hard way. For whatever reason I was thinking if the rear sight went up it would push the barrel down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top