Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2021 2:34:45 AM EDT
I have a Daeodon (which is super comfortable), but when I larp around the front bag rides up. This is exaggerated even more with my slung rifle. Are there tips or tricks to prevent this from happening? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:53:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Carry more ammo up front.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have three 30 rounders. I don't need more than that, nor do I want the added weight.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the way.

OP Do you have a camelbak or similar item attached to the rear of your PC?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Are your shoulders adjusted appropriately

Need pics to diagnose
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is the way.

OP Do you have a camelbak or similar item attached to the rear of your PC?
View Quote

Slick back
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are your shoulders adjusted appropriately

Need pics to diagnose
View Quote

I believe so
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like single curve plates.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like your back plate isn't flush to the top of your back. This may be allowing the back bag to flop around, thereby pulling the front up.

Of course, this may just be a thing with single curve plates that you'll have to deal with.

I'd try adjusting down the shoulder straps a bit to try to get the top of the back bag more flush with the top of your back. If that doesn't do anything then you may just have to accept this as one of the drawbacks of single curve plates.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#9]
The plates are Scorpion Tactical multi-curve plates. That shouldn’t be the issue?

ETA: the shoulder straps are as closed, small, tight as they are going to get.

ETA again: bad posture?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#10]
If the plates are multicurved, and the shoulder straps are already tightened down as far as they will go, then I'm having a hard time thinking of anything else.

I still think the root of the problem is the gap open between your upper back and the top of the back plate.

Maybe try adjusting the side straps? Perhaps letting out a little tension on the sides will let the bottom of the back plate out a bit and let the top lean forward?

I'd try playing around with the tension of the sides a bit and see if that gets the top of the back plate more flush with your upper back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Back plate is 2 to 3" below where it should be.

Even though shoulders are adjusted to the smallest of what the straps naturally allow, fold over middle part of the shoulder straps so the front and rear are securely hooked on but middle is folded.

Single curve plates will make it uncomfortable and stick out away from your body near the top. But you have Multicurve so it should be following the curve of your spine near the top.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Are your plates the shooter cut or the modified?

I saw a set of the modified plates and they have the weirdest curve on them to where the forward upper portion literally bows out.

This could be the issue, causing the rear side towards your body in the rear to sit on its edges and poke out like that, causing a void in your upper back area where we can see the gap in your pictures.

This then allows the plates to move up/down and you eventually end up with the lower rear plate.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If the plates are multicurved, and the shoulder straps are already tightened down as far as they will go, then I'm having a hard time thinking of anything else.

I still think the root of the problem is the gap open between your upper back and the top of the back plate.

Maybe try adjusting the side straps? Perhaps letting out a little tension on the sides will let the bottom of the back plate out a bit and let the top lean forward?

I'd try playing around with the tension of the sides a bit and see if that gets the top of the back plate more flush with your upper back.
View Quote

I'll try adjusting the sides, but I believe I've tried that and it was too loose.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are your plates the shooter cut or the modified?

I saw a set of the modified plates and they have the weirdest curve on them to where the forward upper portion literally bows out.

This could be the issue, causing the rear side towards your body in the rear to sit on its edges and poke out like that, causing a void in your upper back area where we can see the gap in your pictures.

This then allows the plates to move up/down and you eventually end up with the lower rear plate.
View Quote

Multi-curved medium sapis.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I know EXACTLY what your issue is OP.

What you need to do is secure the velcro on the rear of the cummerbund as low as you can on the back plate bag.  Then you secure the front of the cummerbund's velcro as high as you can of the front plate bag.  

That will keep the rear plate bag high enough and the front plate bag low enough.  There ya go, problem solved, problem staying solved. I wear a plate carrier a lot for doing crossfit style stuff and that method keeps it perfect for me throughout my activities.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Adjust shoulders more.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I know EXACTLY what your issue is OP.

What you need to do is secure the velcro on the rear of the cummerbund as low as you can on the back plate bag.  Then you secure the front of the cummerbund's velcro as high as you can of the front plate bag.  

That will keep the rear plate bag high enough and the front plate bag low enough.  There ya go, problem solved, problem staying solved. I wear a plate carrier a lot for doing crossfit style stuff and that method keeps it perfect for me throughout my activities.
View Quote

I think we have a winner, thanks all
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#18]
OP needs to put on about 25-lbs of muscle to help fill those gaps and create something the carrier can form to. Chest, delts, traps, lats, arms, etc. Get after it!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Those plates are unnecessarily large for your size
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top