Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2020 11:23:12 PM EDT
What would you guys recommend for something around $1000 to $2000?

Friend does not have a lot of guns, just a rifle, two guns and some ammo. Friend may buy additional guns, but not likely. Safe would go into one of the second story bedrooms. House has alarm and cameras.

I know we talk a lot about top end safes capable of withstanding pry bar attacks, saws and able to survive a house fire. Sturdy Safes come to mind, but this is not what they are looking for.

With the above in mind, what safe would u guys recommend for thwart the smash and grab thief?
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#1]
With that budget and for just a couple rifles and some ammo one of smaller Sturdy models is really going to be the best bang for the buck
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Smallest Sturdy Safe.

Any other suggestions closer to $1500?
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Smallest Sturdy Safe.

Any other suggestions closer to $1500?
View Quote

https://www.sturdysafe.com/products/model-2016
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
You're not getting a safe for less than 2k. You're getting a security container.

Don't let anyone fool you...they are literally all the same security wise at that price point.  A harbor freight angle grinder and 7 minutes is all it takes to get into Liberty's top of the line Presidential safe.

Smash and grab is just as easily thwarted by a $300 Winchester Safe at Tractor Supply. If someone has 60 minutes, I recon there isn't a safe out there that can keep a properly equipped BG out.

If you really want to keep them safe, it's about finding a spot that isn't easily found vs. getting a conspicuous "safe."
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're not getting a safe for less than 2k. You're getting a security container.

Don't let anyone fool you...they are literally all the same security wise at that price point.  A harbor freight angle grinder and 7 minutes is all it takes to get into Liberty's top of the line Presidential safe.

Smash and grab is just as easily thwarted by a $300 Winchester Safe at Tractor Supply. If someone has 60 minutes, I recon there isn't a safe out there that can keep a properly equipped BG out.

If you really want to keep them safe, it's about finding a spot that isn't easily found vs. getting a conspicuous "safe."
View Quote

I used the wrong term. You are correct about it being a security container.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 2:02:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Found this. A plus is that the company that sells them is located in the same location where my buddy lives.

AMSEC safe
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a liberty 12 gun safe with an S&G e-lock for quick access in the bedroom for my HD guns. Less than $600 with the lock upgrade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top