Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2021 8:34:37 PM EDT
It’s a Springfield Match M1A Rifle built by the Hawaii National Guard Rifle Team Coach as a back up rifle. Springfield Armory Receiver with a Krieger, 22", 4 Groove, 1-10 twist barrel. Champion's Choice Oversized Walnut Stock, National Match sights and GI parts. Less than 700 rounds and then put away in the safe since 2009.  

He showed it to me today and it is in very good condition.
I’m not knowledgeable enough about M1A to tell him what it is worth.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
New M1A are running 1500-1800 bucks, depending on the version.  

I'd say the national match aspect, and walnut stock put it in the high range of that.  

GB should give you some better data than my guess.  But more than 1500, less than 2200 I'd say.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Screwed and glued or welded?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Added some pictures
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New M1A are running 1500-1800 bucks, depending on the version.  
I'd say the national match aspect, and walnut stock put it in the high range of that.  
GB should give you some better data than my guess.  But more than 1500, less than 2200 I'd say.
View Quote

It's a very nice M1A. Custom N.M. stock and sights, with G.I. parts to supplement the Kreiger barrel. Plus a low-ish round count.  In this market you might fetch $2500-$2800 on GB, depending ... timing, luck, and the right buyer.

The timing for selling now is good since it's a seller's market, and a lot of what sells fast on GB is bought by droolin' rich guys with more $$$ than sense.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
700 rounds is just broke in. Expect over 3000 more rounds minimum match grade accuracy.

Serial number is relevant, however being a former National Guard team rifle he probably replaced any parts that weren't GI from usgov inventory.

A brand new Springfield M1-A Super Match current market value gives you an idea where to start. A small discount applies when selling used, perhaps $300 to $400 less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top