Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2021 2:17:01 PM EDT
Offered a free fuel filter type chinesium can. No work done to it. I have a few NFA things in my trust since before the big rule change.

What would I need to do to finish this out legally?  Do I need an signed sales receipt?  Any other things I should worry about?

ETA it is still a capped filter. Not drilled etc
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]
File a Form 1
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
File a Form 1
View Quote

Until then, kevlar for your dog/cat, just in case some alphabet agency shows up guns a blazing.

In all seriousness, eform 1 ASAP. In my paranoia, I would not take possession of it until I have an approved form 1. Don’t mess with it and don’t buy anything to work on it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#4]
File a form 1 for a Silencer. This can be added to your trust. Once approved, start drilling ;)

Quoted:
In all seriousness, eform 1 ASAP. In my paranoia, I would not take possession of it until I have an approved form 1. Don’t mess with it and don’t buy anything to work on it.
View Quote

Oh FFS, nothing is going to happen. I have a lathe, a mill, tons of round bar, tube, pipe, etc.
Why would you even think to worry?
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/blogs/nfa-gun-trust-atf-information-database-blog/atf-eform-1-nfa-tax-stamp-walk-through-guide

Eform 1, pay $200 tax stamp, wait for approval.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
File a form 1 for a Silencer. This can be added to your trust. Once approved, start drilling ;)

Oh FFS, nothing is going to happen. I have a lathe, a mill, tons of round bar, tube, pipe, etc.
Why would you even think to worry?
View Quote

I did say “in my paranoia”. Some sarcasm didn’t come through as I thought it would but wasn’t there some threads in the past that had some guys get a visit or letter from the ATF? I guess he would be ok since he didn’t buy it off of Amazon, eBay, or some shady/monitored website.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info.  Given my trust is pre 41F, anyone on the trust will have to submit fingerprints, etc. correct?

May just be better to file Form 1 as an individual?
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#8]
You can amend the trust, to remove all other responsible parties (read your trust to confirm). Once approved, add them back to the trust. You'd be the only one that needs to submit fingerprints and RPQ's.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah-thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top