Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2020 10:13:25 PM EDT
Getting a Scorpion, Is a Binary Trigger worth the extra  cost say over a shooting sight drop in trigger? Is binary even practical for anything or just a good way to waste ammo?
The one is over 200 more then the other.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Getting a Scorpion, Is a Binary Trigger worth the extra  cost say over a shooting sight drop in trigger? Is binary even practical for anything or just a good way to waste ammo?
The one is over 200 more then the other.

Thanks
View Quote
Practicality and a Binary Trigger don't belong together.  The binary is a better single fire trigger than the factory and probably on par with a decent trigger, but you don't buy it for that.  Its a poor mans giggle switch and is IMHO purely for wasting rounds.

I have no doubt you could train to double tap and such if you wanna PDW it, but thats not me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:46:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Practicality and a Binary Trigger don't belong together.  The binary is a better single fire trigger than the factory and probably on par with a decent trigger, but you don't buy it for that.  Its a poor mans giggle switch and is IMHO purely for wasting rounds.

I have no doubt you could train to double tap and such if you wanna PDW it, but thats not me.
View Quote
Thats what I kinda figured. Just need to decide if a poor mans giggle switch is worth it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thats what I kinda figured. Just need to decide if a poor mans giggle switch is worth it.
View Quote
If it were me, then yes, I would get one.  Yes, you are going burn more ammo, but 9mm is cheap and of all the binary triggers, the most "cost effective"
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
If it's as good on the scorpion as it is on the AR and mp5 then it's definitely worth it. Might want to check if you can overrun the trigger in the scorpion or not though.

I can't argue with the poor man's giggle switch but in my opinion it's just as much fun as the rich man's giggle switch.

I've learned to fire mine very accurately at rates of fire meeting or exceeding full auto. And for the mp5 the trigger is far superior to the standard for single fire
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The binary is not just a fun switch money burner. Double taps are fast and accurate and heck mag dumps are too with a little practice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Binary's can be useful in some scenarios, so don't rule them out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Practicality and a Binary Trigger don't belong together.  The binary is a better single fire trigger than the factory and probably on par with a decent trigger, but you don't buy it for that.
View Quote
You had me laughing on the first part... but the second sentence actually makes it even easier to swallow. I didn't realize the single fire is still an improvment. I feel like if that's the case you're getting twice as much for the price.
My bigger concern is whether it causes any catastrophic failures, suppressed or suppressed.

One guy commenting on a YouTube video said he cracked his receiver. He had a Franklin BFSIII and was shooting Blazer 9mm suppressed. However, I read on Reddit that Blazer ammo has had some pretty weird issues, so it's hard to say what exactly the cause was.

He was fortunate in that CZ actually replaced his receiver.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You had me laughing on the first part... but the second sentence actually makes it even easier to swallow. I didn't realize the single fire is still an improvment. I feel like if that's the case you're getting twice as much for the price.
My bigger concern is whether it causes any catastrophic failures, suppressed or suppressed.

One guy commenting on a YouTube video said he cracked his receiver. He had a Franklin BFSIII and was shooting Blazer 9mm suppressed. However, I read on Reddit that Blazer ammo has had some pretty weird issues, so it's hard to say what exactly the cause was.

He was fortunate in that CZ actually replaced his receiver.
View Quote
Yeah man...  I wouldn't hesitate at all to buy it and use it but you also have to understand there are risk inherent in everything involving modding.  I'm a believer in high quality and/or hand loaded ammo that you know and trust.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one in my spare lower (universal model weld leftover).  It's not a lightweight crisp trigger, it's a two round burst work around.

It's expensive, fun and is an affront to anti's, so I will keep it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one in my Scorpion and one in my MP5K and MP5. I never do mag dumps but doubles and quads regularly. It's fun and more interesting than without.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Have one in an MPX.  Worth the money? IMO yes.  Usually go on sale once a year.  I saw them for under $300 for black friday. With consistent practice I believe its an effective tool especially in a subgun platform.  When I first started using it, it had a nasty trigger slap.  Seemed to have subsided some last time at the range.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#12]
The standard Franklin Armory BFSIII still has the same heavy pull as the factory CZ trigger but very light on the release. Change out the trigger spring to HBi and both actions would have similar weight in pull/release.  Double tap split times are unreal, less than 0.1 sec as recorded on my CED timer, and yes, it is very controllable as doubles (rapid pairs) or quads

Also, the Franklin Armory unit can be removed fairly quickly since it comes in its own trigger unit housing in case you don't want to play with it anymore.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes....worth ever penny I paid!

CZ Scorpion Evo with Binary trigger
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:36:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Absolutely worth it. It’s a decent trigger in its own right, and I don’t agree that binary is just an ammo waster. It’s as controllable as auto, and being a PCC, VERY easy to hold on target. Basically gives you a Wal Mart SMG instead of a PCC.

IMO it’s the one feature that makes using a PCC over a rifle worth it for purposes other than just fun. Have one in my MPX and love it.

I’ll note the MPX and MP5 are more controllable and softer shooting running the binary really fast compared to regular blowbacks just due to the nature of the mechanism. Same thing as with their auto brethren. Scorp isn’t quite as comfortable a shoot on binary, but still fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top