Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2022 9:27:14 PM EDT
Well I finally got a Franklin Armory Binary trigger for a 10-22.

Even bought a new charger since supposedly they need the newer polymer packs to work.

And it works.....sometimes.....about 60% of the time it will fire binary.  The remaining 40% it simply resets to semi-auto.  

Pulled it apart 100% and reinstalled, watching videos (multiple) and the manual.  All went together good.....same issue.....

Seems like it gets in a "spell" of not firing Binary and a hard smack makes it start working again...for a few rounds.

It seems like some people it works great out of the box.  Some never get them working.....Has anyone here actually troubleshooted an issue and found WHY they won't function in some packs?

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I did find this video......I don't feel like undoing my trigger group tonight but I guess I'll give it a shot in a few days.

I do get some binary so possibly just intermittent touching.

Franklin Armory 10/22 Binary Trigger Fix
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I experienced the same issue with my BFSIII. I went so far as to heavily modify a trigger housing because the OE trigger return was binding in its hole.

Franklin Armory recommended to try installing on a different receiver. This seemed to help temporarily.

So far I’ve tried two receivers, three trigger housings, heavily modifying the trigger return spring/plunger.

I believe the springs that lock the disconnector to the trigger are weak, not allowing the disconnector to stay in the rear position in binary mode. Either that or there’s a tolerance issue.

I was in the middle of testing that theory Sunday when I launched a spring into orbit reassembling.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I am 99% it was a burr on the assembly.  I looked it over and didn't notice anything off when installing....

But it was orignally only going binary about 50% of the time.  Well I've put about 600 rounds through it and it slowly got better and it now binary fires EVERY time.

Guessing it was a rough spot or burr or flashing somewhere that smoothed out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top