Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2020 5:17:06 PM EDT
I'd like to mount a red dot above the barrel on the front half of my Ruger Charger. Does anyone know if an optic mount exists for this purpose?
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul X-22 Optic Mount.

I did this a while back...you have to dremel out some material in the OEM handguard, but it will fit.

This is the only way I know to do it without completely changing handguards or to a chassis system.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I used this mount to attach a carry handle rear flip up front on my TD Charger in a PMACA chassis.... there is some flex to the fore end.... I would add pressure point of some form

https://www.ebay.com/p/2255380530
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magpul X-22 Optic Mount.

I did this a while back...you have to dremel out some material in the OEM handguard, but it will fit.

This is the only way I know to do it without completely changing handguards or to a chassis system.
View Quote
Interesting. Do you have any pics of yours completed?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#4]
No pics.  I don't have it any longer.

It was easy to do...spent about 30 minutes with a Dremel and razor blade.  Turned out great.  You could grab a spare fore end from eBay to practice on, but it is a simple process.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Off topic, but I’m about to buy a charger and going back and forth on wether to go with the standard or takedown version. A friend of mine had a TD years ago and it didn’t seem to get back in target very well. Do you have this problem?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#6]
BigSouthFork... don't know if you were making a direct question to the OP, but I have both a 10.5" and 16" barrel I use with my Charger receiver in a PMACA take down chassis... I use the wooden fore end with the short barrel and the two piece aluminum fore end with the 16, both use a rifle length buffer tube for shoulder support...

with the locking ring tightened, I don't get any noticeable movement with either barrel installed...the aluminum PMACA fore end does add noticeable weight...with a real stock, the 16" shoots as well as my BRN22 receiver 10/22 in a light weight PMACA chassis, just doesn't handle as quickly
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Still looking for options...
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Magpul X-22 Optic Mount.

View Quote

Has anyone else tried this?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Yessir. I machined it from 6061.

If you want one, I could make another. PM me if interested.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Has anyone else tried this?
View Quote

A little late to the party, but that's what I did on my Charger takedown:

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Think that Magpul mount can hold a scope?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top