Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2018 11:11:00 AM EDT
I saw several people mention in the tracker that Form 4's are taking longer than Form 1's.  Any explanation?

I'm in that boat, 2 SBRs (Form 1 - Individual) approved in 92 days from the date of my checks being cashed.

In the same envelope were 2 Form 4's for suppressors (checks cashed same day) - my dealer has heard nothing.

ETA:  I guess the question I have is ... If submitted at the same time I wonder why they would separate out paperwork for the same individual and process at different times? But it's the .fedgov - so there may not be an answer.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone posted that they seen on another NFA forum that a member had spoke to someone at the NFA branch and said they were trying to clear the way for Eforms again.

How true that is who knows...
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I saw several people mention in the tracker that Form 4's are taking longer than Form 1's.  Any explanation?

I'm in that boat, 2 SBRs (Form 1 - Individual) approved in 92 days from the date of my checks being cashed.

In the same envelope were 2 Form 2's for suppressors (checks cashed same day) - my dealer has heard nothing.

ETA:  I guess the question I have is ... If submitted at the same time I wonder why they would separate out paperwork for the same individual and process at different times? But it's the .fedgov - so there may not be an answer.
View Quote
I suspect that they are handled by different people.  IE one examiner does form 1 SBR isn’t the same person that loooks at a Form 4 can.

I know that the examiner that looks at machine gun forms doesn’t look at short barrel rifles forms.  I talked to him one time on a problem and he said as much.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone posted that they seen on another NFA forum that a member had spoke to someone at the NFA branch and said they were trying to clear the way for Eforms again.

How true that is who knows...
View Quote
When hell freezes over.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It just depends what they set as a priority.  There's never any explanation, other than because they decided it.  Form 1's and 4's get put into different stacks, different processes.  You could also have had one Form 1 approved, and waited another year for the second.

As far as Form 2's... I think you're off on the numbers.  If you submitted a Form 2, it will never get approved.  Form 2 is a notice to the ATF that you manufactured something, and no check to get cashed.
View Quote
Typo on the OP..... I submitted 2 Form 4's along with with 2 Form 1's

Thanks for the information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top