Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2019 3:01:45 PM EDT
Can anybody here help me out with the general process of filing a paper Form 3?

I purchased a suppressor from a dealer out of state 12 months ago and the dealer claims he filed the from 3 on 5/7/2018. Well when I reviewed the form 3 he listed himself as the transferee and my local FFL as the transferor (which is backwards) so it needed to be resubmitted which he claims he did.

Then he moved and had to send an address change to the ATF which he claims caused a delay.

We are now 12 months from the time that I sent him the money and my FFL still doesn't have the suppressor. I have had my FFL call the ATF and they said they didn't see any incoming transfers to him and my FFL doesn't see it in their e-form que.

The weird thing about all of this is everytime I text the guy he responds and also said he called the ATF and they told him it was pending. He sent me the muzzle device that went along with the suppressor already and supposedly sending me ammo as an apology for how long it has been.

My questions is this... did I get the wool pulled over my eyes or has this happened to people before? I suggested that he re-file using eforms and he said he was going to look into doing that and said "I will do whatever it takes to get this expedited". Is there a problem with filing the Form 3 if the paper one is still potentially out there?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can anybody here help me out with the general process of filing a paper Form 3?

I purchased a suppressor from a dealer out of state 12 months ago and the dealer claims he filed the from 3 on 5/7/2018. Well when I reviewed the form 3 he listed himself as the transferee and my local FFL as the transferor (which is backwards) so it needed to be resubmitted which he claims he did.

Then he moved and had to send an address change to the ATF which he claims caused a delay.

We are now 12 months from the time that I sent him the money and my FFL still doesn't have the suppressor. I have had my FFL call the ATF and they said they didn't see any incoming transfers to him and my FFL doesn't see it in their e-form que.

The weird thing about all of this is everytime I text the guy he responds and also said he called the ATF and they told him it was pending. He sent me the muzzle device that went along with the suppressor already and supposedly sending me ammo as an apology for how long it has been.

My questions is this... did I get the wool pulled over my eyes or has this happened to people before? I suggested that he re-file using eforms and he said he was going to look into doing that and said "I will do whatever it takes to get this expedited". Is there a problem with filing the Form 3 if the paper one is still potentially out there?

Thanks in advance for the help.
View Quote
He obviously does not know what he is doing. He should fill out a new f3, have you look at at (you can run it by us here), and then submit it again preferably electronically. Since there is no payment, there is no harm in sending it in twice.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He obviously does not know what he is doing. He should fill out a new f3, have you look at at (you can run it by us here), and then submit it again preferably electronically. Since there is no payment, there is no harm in sending it in twice.
View Quote
I left him a VM to have him call me back so we could file it electronically... no response so far.

Is there any recourse for a dealer if they don't ever transfer an item you paid for?
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is there any recourse for a dealer if they don't ever transfer an item you paid for?
View Quote
Same as any other transaction of goods.  Request a refund first, if paid by credit card issue a charge-back with your CC company.  If it was a check or other type of payment and they just refuse to refund it, take them to small claims court.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Same as any other transaction of goods.  Request a refund first, if paid by credit card issue a charge-back with your CC company.  If it was a check or other type of payment and they just refuse to refund it, take them to small claims court.
View Quote
My dumb*** used PayPal F&F... I thought I was in the clear due to him being a dealer but he’s gone radio silent and I’m starting to think I can forget about ever seeing the suppressor or that money again.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Who is the dealer?
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 12:31:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most CC companies won't let you do a chargeback after 12 months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top