Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2022 7:05:27 PM EDT
Did an e-file for an SBR and I screwed up one block on the 5320.23...got a message of disapproval and that refund was being processed.

I tried calling the number today to get some questions answered but never got through.

Basically, what do I do now?  Do I just delete the original 5320.23, fix it and reupload it and resubmit?  Or did I have to start all over?  Do I have to resubmit the fingerprints as well?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to start over and submit again. Yes that includes sending fingerprints again.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I was disapproved early feb for a error in the serial number.
I refiled and repaid and received approval in 20 days.
I resent fingerprints too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:04:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate it. I refiled, repaid and resent prints.

Now I'm just curious as to when I will actually get a refund on the first payment.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I too was disapproved for a rookie mistake, I put the importer as the manufacture. Resubmitted with the right information only lost 30 days of my time and another set of prints. I am trying SBR a Century Arms AP5 which is actually a MKE AP5, made in Turkey. Sad thing is I know better.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The funny thing about that is that some people have been approved with that specific F1, for that specific SBR by putting "Century Arms" in that field.  Gotta love the ATF's consistency.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I read box 4a on the Form 1 and it states, "Name and Address of Original Manufacture and/or the Importer of Firearm (if any)". So Century Arms as the importer would be correct, right? Or ATF has changed the rules or interpretation of the question. By the way the eForm 1 will not let you put both in the box so this maybe another way to deny Form 1's.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read box 4a on the Form 1 and it states, "Name and Address of Original Manufacture and/or the Importer of Firearm (if any)". So Century Arms as the importer would be correct, right? Or ATF has changed the rules or interpretation of the question. By the way the eForm 1 will not let you put both in the box so this maybe another way to deny Form 1's.
View Quote

I've never included importer info, only original manufacturer, on form 1's and never had an issue. MKE is the manufacturer. I have an approved eform 1 with "MKE, Turkey" in box 4a.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#10]
As others said refile start all over, you will get your $200 credited back to you in about 30-45 days.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I resubmitted, its been 30 days and still nothing.

I got my refund though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I resubmitted, its been 30 days and still nothing.

I got my refund though.
View Quote

Did you email the examiner who denied it with the new control number? Not saying it will change anything, but it can't hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top