Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2021 2:13:40 AM EDT
Question about the photo. Does it have to be a passport photo, or just has to be a certain size?

Forgive me, the last time I did this it wasn't by efile and I attached the photos to the form.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]
2x2 photograph from the last year (with full name & last 4 of SSN on the back) or newer taped to the form (on the sides). No hats/glasses/etc. Try to take it with a white/neutral background and no shadow.

In reality... they'll take almost anything. All my passport photos legitimately look like mob booking photos (perfect for a factory SBR Thompson).
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2x2 photograph from the last year (with full name & last 4 of SSN on the back) or newer taped to the form (on the sides). No hats/glasses/etc. Try to take it with a white/neutral background and no shadow.

In reality... they'll take almost anything. All my passport photos legitimately look like mob booking photos (perfect for a factory SBR Thompson).
View Quote

It asks for you to upload a photo on the efile form. So I can take a drivers license looking selfie and attach it there?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:33:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It asks for you to upload a photo on the efile form. So I can take a drivers license looking selfie and attach it there?
View Quote

Yes. there are also apps on your phone that help you take and size the picture.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:35:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes. there are also apps on your phone that help you take and size the picture.
View Quote

^ This.

I take the photos with my SLR and crop them using Photoshop... but I've heard the ATF will accept close to anything that resembles a photo.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:14:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Going through my emails with the EATF, I noticed that I never got a printable version of the fingerprint cards.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Going through my emails with the EATF, I noticed that I never got a printable version of the fingerprint cards.
View Quote

You mean blank ones that you can print out and use?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You mean blank ones that you can print out and use?
View Quote

Yeah, whatever they are supposed to email you. If someone has a link to them, that would be great.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:35:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is the Link on the BATFE website that you can order your blank fingerprint cards directly from them free of charge:

Fingerprint card order page

I don't believe that you can print out the cards themselves. Good luck on your stamp collection!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here is the Link on the BATFE website that you can order your blank fingerprint cards directly from them free of charge:

Fingerprint card order page

I don't believe that you can print out the cards themselves. Good luck on your stamp collection!
View Quote

Thank you. Are these just the standard FD-258 cards that every LE agency uses?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've never ordered directly from BATF but I believe there's only one kind of FD258. IE it's not an "NFA" card per se - people use them for all sorts of government business.

The ones I buy from National Gun Trusts has the BATF ORI already filled out. You can obviously do it yourself, but it's one less thing I have to worry about. They're cheap and ship quickly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:13:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I just got approved with nothing more then walking around the house till I had the best (least amount of shadowing) and clicked and uploaded. No hats or big sweatshirts on

I wouldn’t overthink it
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, these are the standard FD-258 cards. I just received some from them. The price is right!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes, these are the standard FD-258 cards. I just received some from them. The price is right!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I will go grab some tomorrow.

Thank you for the help everyone.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Selfie taken against a light colored background worked fine for a few form 1s. Ordered the print cards from them and printed myself. I would get the cards first since you only have 10 days to get your prints to them once submitted
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks, I will go grab some tomorrow.

Thank you for the help everyone
View Quote
If you're sourcing the cards from anywhere other than the BATFE, you'll need to add the correct ORI in the appropriate box.

WVATF0800
ATF-NATL TRA CTR
MARTINSBURG, WV

Good info on filling them out in BigWaylon's F1/F4 guide.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Work_In_Progress__new_F1_F4_guide_for_41F_submissions/17-465636/?page=1#i4612894
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've never ordered directly from BATF but I believe there's only one kind of FD258. IE it's not an "NFA" card per se - people use them for all sorts of government business.

The ones I buy from National Gun Trusts has the BATF ORI already filled out. You can obviously do it yourself, but it's one less thing I have to worry about. They're cheap and ship quickly.
View Quote

So do the free ones the ATF will mail you. https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top