Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2020 1:37:23 PM EDT
Welp...

I have NO idea how it happened but my name got entered incorrectly on the damn eform and I was disapproved.

I have a unique last name and somehow the system doubled it up and entered it twice on the form...

I swear I tripled checked this thing before I submitted lol....

Two questions:

#1: In terms of resubmitting... s there any reason I should wait before resubmitting for the same firearm?

#2: What kinda timeframe am I looking at for my $200 refund?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Two questions:

#1: In terms of resubmitting... s there any reason I should wait before resubmitting for the same firearm? Nope, you can resubmit anytime. A very small percentage of people have had success contacting the ATF about their fingerprint cards and the background check, but I would just send another set if you can

#2: What kinda timeframe am I looking at for my $200 refund? If I remember correctly, refunds should be processed within 30 days of disapproval
View Quote

Answers above
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#2]
SO I am trying to resubmit but before I even get started I am having an issue with he fact that my hyphenated last name will not save with double uppercase letters...

For example:  When I try to save "John Danger-Cock" under the My Profile website section it saves as "John Danger-cock"

It seems there is no way to save it so that both sections of the last name are capitalized...

Will this be an issue?  OR since it all prints out in full uppercase (on the physical form/PDF)  it should not matter?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
my two were disapproved today too. happy new year
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my two were disapproved today too. happy new year
View Quote

2020 is killin it all the way up until the last second...
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a similar screwup on an eform1.  The website somehow put my name in a box instead of my trust.

Form got disapproved.  The refund is almost instant.  Fill it out again and wait in line.  I got a different control number, new form, yada yada.  Somehow my resubmitted form came back approved in 2 weeks.  Dunno if the previous everything being in the system helped it along or not.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve had two kicked back this year because the mailing address on the cover letter wasn’t on the digital copy or the printed copy and they were sent to the only other address I could find, which was incorrect. I’ve checked the cover letters on my iPad, iPhone, and two different Windows laptops and they are blank where the address should be. The refunds took about 30 days.

I seriously doubt I attempt it again after wasting all that time on those two attempts. I can just see getting more cover letters that are fucked and getting denied because those cover letters are missing shit on them. I’m just glad I only wasted money on one stock.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Email atf/examiner. They should let you resubmit and approve it quickly. That's what they did when they disproved mine for writing the wrong reason for making.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top