Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2022 7:41:03 PM EDT
I submitted an eForm1 earlier today to convert a pistol to SBR (trust).

Like an idiot, I forgot to sign the 24-month exemption letter that i uploaded and only realized it now.

What is the recommended way to resolve this in the most efficient way possible?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh?  What kind of letter?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Huh?  What kind of letter?
View Quote
If you've had a Form approved on your trust within the last 24 months, you can send in a letter referencing that fact. You don't have to send in your entire trust all over again.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahhh.  I just reuploaded the whole thing.  It's a .pdf.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Did not realize you could upload additional documents after the initial submission. Just uploaded a signed version of the 24-month letter, thanks for the tip!

My letter references my most recent eForm1 approval from 11 months ago, which was also via a 24-month exception letter (ie i did not submit a copy of my trust then either).

The 2 most recent approvals i received where i submitted a copy of my trust was on a paper Form 4 about 7 months ago, and a paper Form 4 from 21 months ago. I did not reference those in my exception letter in today's submission.

Hope the examiner has access to all of my comprehensive submissions across paper and eForms if they aren't happy with my exception letter.

Fingers crossed...
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:32:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It’s amazing what you can learn if you’d actually read the instructions on the form…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Huh?  What kind of letter?

It’s amazing what you can learn if you’d actually read the instructions on the form…

I've not filed a Form 1 since Obama's 41P.  I knew the rule and forgot during Trump's term.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#9]
When you upload your trust do you have to send the addendum A. Think that's what it's called. The part that you list all your register items on like suppressors and other sbr weapons
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My first trust used a Schedule A. I sent the original version, with nothing but $200 cash listed on it, and received dozens of approvals. Kept the current/updated version at home.

If the trust mentions a Schedule, I believe they just want to see one.

My current trust doesn’t use one, but uses Assignment of Property sheets instead. I’ve sent those in with some submissions, and not sent one with others. Approved either way.
View Quote

Cool thank you again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top