Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/10/2020 8:22:46 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with these?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used one yet,  and for the price it's probably decent but I'm sure it's very average Chinese knife that's run under a power hammer to give that ballpeen hammer look.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what I was afraid of.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you interested because you're a 'Forged in Fire' fan, or are you seeking well made kitchen type knives?

If you want the later, look into ZWILLING. Made in Germany. VERY sharp. Not a budget brand, but not outrageous $.

My wife loves this set in middle of their price points. (no pun intended).
https://www.zwilling.com/us/zwilling-gourmet-14-pc-knife-block-set-36131-006/36131-006-0.html?cgid=cutlery_knife-sets#start=2

She gets pissed every time I suggest taking one or two in the bush for a camp knife.

Very comfortable in the hand.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I did some research on them and found a lot of pissed off buyers.  The main complaint being the handles breaking but also people unhappy with the blades themselves. From what I read I made the decision to stay far, far away from them.  Honestly it's surprising that Forged In Fire would allow their name to a product with these quality issues.  I'd like to see them test a random set of these like they do competitors blades.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you, gentlemen.  Just looking for good quality kitchen knives at a modest cost.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 1:24:45 AM EDT
[#6]
My "affordable" set of kitchen knives are from Chicago Cutlery.  The price is decent and the knives have performed extremely well over many years.  No rust issues and they hold an edge pretty well for non premium cutlery.  They are easy to sharpen and will take a wicked edge when done correctly.  

I bought mine because some friends had used Chicago Cutlery for many years and had no problems with them.  They cooked a LOT so I bought mine with their recommendation.  It's the brand that I have also recommended to young family members looking for their first set.  

I've since added on to my arsenal with some al a carte Victorinox and Wustoff knives.  I'd love to have a full set of premium Wustoff or other premium knives but my Chicago Cutlery knives work so well I can't imagine not keeping using them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I went with Wusthof ikon for our kitchen.  We have been happy with them.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top