Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2023 4:54:15 PM EDT
I want to get a suppressor for my X95 Tavor. I decided on a flow through design due too the rifle being so overgased. My local shop sells the wit machine tu tu three. I was told it is a flow through but I am concered about how efective this small of a suppressor will work.  Anyone use these or any other flow let me know what you think. All information  will be helpful.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Pic Found Here

That does not look flow-through IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]
HUXWRX 556K Flow.  Thank me later.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Last year I bought an OSS/HuxWrx HX-QD 556 Ti specifically for my X95.

If I were to buy it now, I'd get the 556k Flow.

https://huxwrx.com/flow-556k

https://pewscience.com/sound-signature-reviews-free/sss-6-83-huxwrx-flow-556k

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Last year I bought an OSS/HuxWrx HX-QD 556 Ti specifically for my X95.

If I were to buy it now, I'd get the 556k Flow.
View Quote

This should be a drinking game for this subforum. Take a drink every time someone says... I bought a "X" but if I were to buy today I would buy "Y" lol
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This should be a drinking game for this subforum. Take a drink every time someone says... I bought a "X" but if I were to buy today I would buy "Y" lol
View Quote
Seriously.

Every time I buy a suppressor, it seems a few month into my wait, another one comes out that I wish got instead.

But for suppressors that are on my wish list for a long time, it seems nothing comes out that would replace them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Isn't it the truth.  You hit the nail on the head.

You look at everything and compare price vs features, then make a decision.  Two months in (maybe less), some big improvement comes out and makes you wish you had that.  Then you get to wait 6+ more months for what you spent all that money on but aren't quite as excited about anymore.  The NFA process stinks.

ETA: But it's also true that the older design that you want for clone or whatever purposes never change and never come down in price, no matter how out of date the design.  Oh, and they're not easy to find, even though they're supposedly still in production.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#8]
That doesn't look very flow through to me. Also, I don't think I've ever seen that company name before. I would stick to an established manufacturer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There are so many companies today that there will always be a new can.  The new can will always be interesting, but not necessarily better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There are so many companies today that there will always be a new can.  The new can will always be interesting, but not necessarily better.

That's true, there are a lot of options here in the US right now. But better and interesting are very subjective. A good example is when Griffin released the Explorr 224/300 with the 1.375x24 mounting.  I had just ordered a YHM Res2 and thought it was sufficient. But I liked how light the new can is, along with the lower back pressure Eco Flow baffles.  Going back and doing it over again, I'd have skipped the Res2.

Light weight and low back pressure seem to be making strides through the industry. Now the new thing is 3d printing. Next will be something else. For the money and long wait, we obsess over the slightest percieved benefits and advantages for our next purchase.

Quoted:
The new market challenge will be white noise.  Companies that don't really know shit about suppressors that are making and selling suppressors.  Consumers are going to be buying 10-20 or more year old technology and thinking it is the most advanced technology available because the models are new to market.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder about some of the new stuff coming out. A lot of hype and little apparent substance.  Most civilian customers probably have little opportunity or experience to evaluate what's real and what's not (like Hearing Safe ). So a lot of companies can get away with alternative facts.  It makes me jaded about anything new and far from the norm, or from new companies in the market (like Aero Precision).

I'm starting to assume all suppressors are going to sound pretty much the same except for back pressure, gas in the face, size, weight and adaptability or modularity.

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That doesn't look very flow through to me. Also, I don't think I've ever seen that company name before. I would stick to an established manufacturer.
View Quote
Witt Machine? They’ve been around a while, but aren’t very popular. They’re known for making outrageous claims about performance and durability that the form factor and materials can’t possibly provide.

Quoted:

Yeah, sometimes I wonder about some of the new stuff coming out. A lot of hype and little apparent substance.  Most civilian customers probably have little opportunity or experience to evaluate what's real and what's not (like Hearing Safe ). So a lot of companies can get away with alternative facts.  It makes me jaded about anything new and far from the norm, or from new companies in the market (like Aero Precision).

I'm starting to assume all suppressors are going to sound pretty much the same except for back pressure, gas in the face, size, weight and adaptability or modularity.

View Quote

Every year or three a company makes an announcement, usually at SHOT, that they’re getting into cans, and this one will be much better than all the others, and oh, yeah, its 119 dB on a 10.5” .338 Lapua. And the announcement reads as if I’m going to suddenly make the best engine piston in all of NASCAR, and that car will be unbeatable. I’ve only changed oil and light bulbs a few times, but its obvious to me that I’m ready to take that leap and I’ll be uber successful in the first season.

We never hear from most of them again.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#11]
OSS (HUXWRX) is always good on backpressure.  Griffin has some very low backpressure models, too.  The recent thread about low backpressure cans has responses from Griffin in it.  KGM has some relatively low backpressure cans, too.  There are several models to choose from these days.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

3 models of the 556 Flow, K is smaller, Ti is lighter.  Any difference in performance?  K the loudest as it is smallest?
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#14]
My x95 was painful to shoot with a regular baffled can like the sandman S. I switched to an oss and it was amazing. Big difference. I would recommend.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

3 models of the 556 Flow, K is smaller, Ti is lighter.  Any difference in performance?  K the loudest as it is smallest?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 556k flow is the newest one and the only one that’s 3D printed
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks, trying to decide between it and the Explorr
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe the future is now, and I'm an old man. But, not being able to repair the 3D printed stuff scares me. If you have a bunch of cans, sure. The wait for a new stamp isn't bad. But, I would want it to be my only can.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Maybe the future is now, and I'm an old man. But, not being able to repair the 3D printed stuff scares me. If you have a bunch of cans, sure. The wait for a new stamp isn't bad. But, I would want it to be my only can.
View Quote

How often do cans need repaired?
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Maybe the future is now, and I'm an old man. But, not being able to repair the 3D printed stuff scares me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Maybe the future is now, and I'm an old man. But, not being able to repair the 3D printed stuff scares me.

Yeah, that gave me pause. I'm OK with the "so last year" HX-QD 556 Ti I have now.

Quoted:
How often do cans need repaired?
Every time you have a bullet go through an endcap and/or baffle/internal parts. HuxWrx/OSS said their Flow556K can not be repaired. You will need to write it off and Form 4 a new one.

Maybe that will never happen. Maybe something will loosen without you noticing next time you are at the range.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Our sales guys demoed cans with the Milwaukee county sheriff's SWAT last week, and the only reason for relevance was that they had under Sheriff Clark traded HK416's for IWI Tavors so the firearm in question was the demo platform.

They had OSS Helix HX QD suppressors and looked at our HRT and Dual Lok 5.  They were really impressed with both of our suppressors, but preferred the Dual Lok 5.  The guys who were there indicated the preference was on account of the lighter weight and lower backpressure.

View Quote
Was that the old OSS Helix (the one that unscrewed and came apart) or the sealed one that they are still selling now?

Either way, it's impressive if you are beating OSS at the back pressure game with a baffled can. I really need to compare my Recce 5 to my 5.56 OSS on the same host.

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#23]
What do people think about the B&T RBS line of suppressors? I think it's cool that they use Surefire mounts, since I already have some from my RC2. I am considering another 7.62 can that is flow-through.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Im saying lighter and lower backpressure than our other option.  I think the improvement vs oss that had them interested in us was better sound and flash performance.  Oss does have lower backpressure yet, but that has an impact on measured and perceivable sound and flash reduction.  

There is a decent sized law enforcement procurement test going on with another entity and our only can model in that test is the HRT on account of that entity requesting that.  We were told yesterday that it has made final three option, phase two testing and that all the 3d printed cans are eliminated for various reasons at this point.  

We're not being told specific brands in that test, just that the Dual Lok HRT has survived to the second testing phase and that the sound is a major component of what they like about it.
View Quote
Thanks for the clarification. I definitely had that confused.

Good luck with the testing for the contract.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I recently got my Huxwrx HX-QD 556 approved. I chose it because as a lefty, shooting pretty much anything is a miserable experience with standard cans. I run it on various semiautos with barrels ranging from 10.3" up to 18", including my Tavor SAR. Very pleasant to shoot on everything.

The FlowK came out about a month after I certified my HX-QD, and initially I was pissed that I missed out, but then I found out that the FlowK has about half the service life of the HX-QD and am glad with my choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top