Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2018 3:26:20 PM EDT
Thinking of picking up a thermal for work, don’t need anything to fancy. Something that can pick up heat in a breaker or a electric motor. Don’t want to spend a bunch on it. Distance will be within 20-30 feet max, more likely much closer. Think the TK would work for this?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one.  I use it for hunting (ID areas of heat/animals) and then also around the house.  Interesting way to find heat loss, etc.  send me an IM or e-mail with your e-mail address and I will send you some pics.  The resolution is pretty low, but good enough out to maybe 100Y to identify heat and shape (i.e. human vs. deer vs. rabbit).  I honestly have used it most for looking at my wife's "hot spots", farts, pee on trees, etc
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one.  I use it for hunting (ID areas of heat/animals) and then also around the house.  Interesting way to find heat loss, etc.  send me an IM or e-mail with your e-mail address and I will send you some pics.  The resolution is pretty low, but good enough out to maybe 100Y to identify heat and shape (i.e. human vs. deer vs. rabbit).  I honestly have used it most for looking at my wife's "hot spots", farts, pee on trees, etc
View Quote
Lol thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will work great for your purposes.

It's a $600. unit, just don't expect it to perform like a $6,000. unit and you'll be more than pleased.
View Quote
Thanks.

Do you think the Seek Reveal Pro would work better?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
The Scout TK is suitable for your application but an even better option is a Therm App.  I bought a used Therm App a couple of years ago for $550 and re-sold it to help fund another thermal, huge mistake!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top