Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2018 11:59:34 AM EDT
Flir Breach helmet footage of Pulsar XP50 hogs 5/4/18
Kind of boring footage I suppose, but maybe some will find this interesting to see what the breach looks like while closing the gap on some hogs.

The video is about three minutes long, I stopped halfway through to set up my rifle on shooting sticks and have a look before continuing to approach a little closer.

I counted at almost 100 steps as I approached, and they hog that got killed was approximately 75 steps away,  so for the sake of the argument let's say this footage documents 175 yards down to 75 yards.

I've never had any sort of helmet mount before, don't own a PVS14, but walking toward the hogs while watching them the whole time was about the coolest thing I've seen in a while.  Ranks right up there with pulling the trigger on something using a thermal scope for the first time.

Unfortunately I'm having to return the whole breach helmet to my local "crack" dealer as we speak.

But I've got one on the way.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, between one of these and a MAWL or a4v2 I’m going to be poor for a while.

Need another can too. Bah.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
So it was helmet-mounted in this video? Over which eye? Why didn't you let the vid run while you were firing?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:13:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I may skip a PVS14 and get one of these.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:41:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may skip a PVS14 and get one of these.
View Quote
Generally very happy with mine. I'd still like to get a PVS-14 someday, but for now I'm satisfied for what I do.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Generally very happy with mine. I'd still like to get a PVS-14 someday, but for now I'm satisfied for what I do.
View Quote
After using this I don't feel like all ever need or want a PVS14.

I can only imagine how much better a 640 system with the same field of view is going to be with it's greater clarity.

I am shooting and using the breach helmet mounted over the same eye so not possible to continue filming while shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top