Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 10:04:24 AM EDT
Most of my guns have curved triggers, and I like them.  My first dealings with a flat trigger came with my acquisition of my P365XL.  I like it but am not certain how much the shape really matters.

Is there a line of thought regarding the advantages of one or the other?  

For context; I'm looking at getting a Larue MBT-2S for my CMMG Banshee and of course they come in both flavors so it got me ponderning.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#1]
It is 100% personal preference.

I own both...I'm still lukewarm to flat triggers. I want to like them more, but something about them just doesn't feel right to me. I think at the end of the day if I had to pick ONE, I'd stick to curved.  But I don't have a super strong preference to the point I'm going to sell the flat triggers I have, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah personal preference. You'll hear arguments on both sides. Here's my two cents based on my preferences and experiences. Curved for the most part I'm fine as long as the "face" of it is flat. But triggers that work on a hinge mechanism I prefer flat/straight shoes where I can get it so I can get the most leverage. On some guns it decreases the trigger reach slightly like on glocks for example. The flat face also, at least for me, prevents any influence on pushing the gun a certain way during the pull. It's easier to stay flat on a flat surface vs staying flat on a curved surface. Additionally, on a hinged trigger mechanism, curved triggers force you to pull from the middle of the "lever" which artificially increases the weight, which I never understood why one would want that. Only gun I like a slightly curved trigger is a 1911 since that trigger system isn't hinged and pushes straight back regardless. At the end of the day it's preference. Try it out, see if you like it. If not, sell it. No big deal
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the longer length of pull on M&Ps that the Apex flat trigger gives.  all my rifles currently have curved triggers (All BCM PNT or Larue MBT2).  kinda want a flat Geisselle to see what all the hype is about.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you folks for the fast and complete reply's.

Maybe I'll mock up a flat on my existing trigger and see how it feels.  That won't be an exact way to tell but may give me some sensory feed back to go on.

If any one else would like to chime in just to round out the conversation please do so.

I'll try and report back once I have my new trigger in.  No time frame yet but I'll do my best to close the loop.

Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most of my guns have curved triggers, and I like them.  My first dealings with a flat trigger came with my acquisition of my P365XL.  I like it but am not certain how much the shape really matters.

Is there a line of thought regarding the advantages of one or the other?  

For context; I'm looking at getting a Larue MBT-2S for my CMMG Banshee and of course they come in both flavors so it got me ponderning.
View Quote

I've tried flat face AR triggers but always end up buying the curved ones. The one thing I don't like about the Larue trigger is the edges could stand a little more radius. They're pretty square.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
100% flat triggers.  The geometry of a flat trigger allows for increased leverage.  I've got both of the Larue MBT's, and the flat is my preference.  The MBT is the best trigger on the market (most bang for your buck), but the flat trigger face makes a difference.  

Everything I own has a flat trigger.  AR's, bolt guns, pistols, etc.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#7]
All four of my ARs are flat faced. I bought a CMC single stage drop in and immediately bought three more.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like the Shooters Element flat trigger in my Scorpion. Flat with a small angle at the bottom as a guide.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I only like flat triggers in my pistols. Other than that, I'm okay with milspec curve or hybrids.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#10]
bought a larue flat trigger. i have the curved one in two others. not a fan of how it feels. sent it back in trade for a regular curved one . all is well now. larue was great about it too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top