Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2021 12:28:02 AM EDT
I waited a long time for a Scar 20s in both black & 7.62x51mm. I know the 6.5 creedmoor is  all the rage, but the barrel life doesn't do it for me. I also have no need to shoot out past 1000. Around here,  300 is a long shot.

So I went a different route than most do with an optic on my 20s. I'm a fan of fixed power low magnification optics.  Just flat out less shit in it to break (i do love some European scopes, but thats on down the road once I move). I also don't see myself shooting past 600, generally more like that aforementioned 300 if I'm lucky. With that in mind I went to the ole stand by Acog. Ta55a in this case. I've got a lot of time behind a Ta31 of various flavors & am very comfortable with the red chevron retical & the BAC. Was two eye shooting since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Has the typical Acog problem of too damn bright at times, but an oh so much better eye box. As well as the usual superb Trijicon glass.

I've never been a bipod guy, so I'm fairly ignorant about them. Asked around some of the local high speed shop l know, got turned on to Accu-Tac.  Ended up going with the  Accu-Tac Fc-4 G2.  Solid piece of kit, no doubt about that,  but I'm still not particularly sure about it yet. The thing is huge.

First time out, didn't have a lot of time to sight in. Was drunk moron day at the range & I'd prefer to not get shot. Again.  Got to pop off one mag of cheap ass wolf at 100 to work on getting zeroed.

Was kinda impressed. The picture is the first target. 5" shoot & see i found on the ground.  Can't find the picture of the next target. Now I'm hot to trot of finding some heavier pills I can reload with.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcom to the 20 club...its a great platform and I agree with you on the .308 selection....

I am going full crazy and making a SCAR CSR-20 clone...so...that will be a trip...

One thing I would suggest is either get Mototech 3 position gas plug or 1.3mm PMM gas jet to tame it a bit...

VZ is now also making some nice G10 grips for the SCAR...while they might be hard to find...I just modified my SCAR lower to accept AR grips (takes 10 minutes with file and dremel)...
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Copy that on the 3 position plug.

Had to look up the CSR-20. Nifty stuff right there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top