Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 2:41:55 PM EDT
I knew it was bound to happen... Guy calls me up says he is working on a ranch not far from here wants to transfer a gun. I say no problem, forward my FFL to the shipper.

Item shows up (little 22 pistol). I start asking more questions. Turns out the guy's DL is Washington St... Now as I re-read the ATF materials I understand that the only way for this guy to get his gun is for it to be transferred to Washington St. and have an FFL there do it. Unless he has some other form of government issued ID that shows a South Dakota address. Am I missing something there?
As I understand the Reg's if it was a rifle/shotgun I could do the transfer if I followed both state's laws, right?

Teaches me to ask more questions!

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Doing some more conversing, He spends 6-7 months of the year here. He does have government-issued documents showing his residence in South Dakota. Under 18.b. it looks like this might work out... Probably call my ATF IOI to verify... try to keep my ass out of prison! ha!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top