Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2018 9:28:36 PM EDT
(Please keep comments positive I know people are likely to be mean because I bought these but it's all I can afford.)

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these and if I can use a rhino mount or if anyone knows the mounting system?  
I'll be using a battery pack and a IR flash light. For my needs it should be fine until I get the PVS14 next year at tax time.

My comblock night vision  PNW-57T  I JUST ORDERED

My helmet is a emerson Bump Type Tactical Airsoft Helmet

I would like to setup my NVG's like this:

Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#1]
A Rhino mount will not work at all with that system and trying to mount it to your bump helmet will be very challenging. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I really don't think it'll be worth all the time and effort. What did you pay for it? Maybe a Spark Core may have been an option for @ 300-400?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#2]
$135 for two of them.   Pretty good deal really.  I have a tig welder so I think I can fab something I'm just wondering what.  Maybe I can weld a rhino on.  I'll get them next week and show pictures.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
In for the updates
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck, I have no answers, but I understand where you are coming from.

I grabbed an Armasight Spark Core from Sportsman's Guide for $450 shipped, and as one of their club members I was able to split the $450 over four months. Made it easier to swallow. Picked up a Rhino and J-arm used, and an adapter on Amazon that was way cheaper and less bulky/complex than the Armasight adapter.

I'm pretty pleased so far.

My buddy had a Pulsar Challenger that I tried out side by side, brighter but less defined image than the Spark. He liked my Armasight so much better that he ordered one as well. I traded him a Seiko I no longer wear for his Pulsar and grabbed a used weapon mount off Amazon for around $30. I'll post some pics tomorrow of it mounted on an AR.

Both need IR illumination unless it's a bright moon or there is ambient lighting, but for under $500 it's probably the best you'll get for new helmet mounted monocular that didn't walk off a base somewhere.

I'm in the same boat, will be saving up for a PVS14 or maybe a Flir Breach thermal unit.

I'm a firm believer that something is better than nothing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#5]
On the cheap search Ebay for pvs14 mounts. There are a few adapter plates that you can fasten to your stock mount if you modify it. One thing to look out for is the interface between the mount and your airsoft bump helmet may have issues die to specs. Also just guessing your probably going to need an external IR illuminator with your goggles. Solarforce flashlights has a IR module and host for @ 25.00 shipped in a few day and you can buy direct from them.
This Norotos conversion bracket from TNVC may be what your looking for https://tnvc.com/shop/norotos-conversion-to-bracket-kit/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top