Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2022 12:01:31 PM EDT
Considering these two for boarding a plane with helmet and NODS. The First Spear Hut is smaller, but the Otte Bag is a little bit bigger than the airlines carry on dimensions.
Any experience with these items? Otted GTG as carry on?
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If you mean the Otte Helmet bag, it is way smaller than any carryon bag I ever used.

I can't comment on the first spear since I don't have one. The Otte will fit under the seat and in even the smallest of overhead bins.

I have a TW Carbon Exfil in mine with Peltors folded back. The G24 and PVS14 are in the divided internal compartment.

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s the one, larger than first spear’s
Thx
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got the First Spear Helmet Hut and have used it several times with no issues.  Just make sure to take the batteries out of your devices in case you get "that" TSA guy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:32:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been using the FS helmet hut for a few years now daily at work. I strap it to the passenger side seat in my rig. It is very durable and a good design. I’ve been looking at the Otte gear one as well, it looks very well laid out and seems like can fit more stuff which is nice. I have lashed on a bail out bag to my helmet hit to accommodate all the other stuff I bring back and forth to work as it’s easier to keep it all together and access than stuffing it all under your helmet in the hut.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve got a brand new Otte Gear helmet bag in Multicam Black if anyone wants to buy it.  Never been used. Sitting in my closet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ll take that bag off your hands, email sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top