Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2020 3:15:04 PM EDT
I'm ready to take the leap with my first SBR.  I'm trying to decide which way to go about it.  I have a DD MK18 pistol that I'm thinking about converting through the process.  I also have a stripped Seekins lower laying around.  Do I convert the MK18 to have the real deal and save the lower for future use, perhaps build a different pistol?  Or build from scratch and leave the DD as a pistol?  What would you do?  Appreciate any input
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Lowers are cheap.

Use whatever you're using as a pistol, buffer swaps are simple. Grab a new lower and put the pistol buffer on it if you want another pistol, but once SBR'd, that lower can have different uppers on it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd do the DD and put a SOPMOD stock on it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd do the DD and put a SOPMOD stock on it.
View Quote
That's funny, I was literally just searching what stock would be best if I did the DD and landed on that one.  I have one on a grendel build I may steal and get something else for that one
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I’d probably choose a DD lower.

Thoroughly function check whatever lower you choose before submitting paperwork.  I came pretty close to SBRing a bad lower from a good manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’d probably choose a DD lower.

Throughly function check whatever lower you choose before submitting paperwork.  I came pretty close to SBRing a bad lower from a good manufacturer.
View Quote
Thanks for that input, makes good sense
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Form 1 that DD lower.  Takes about a month.

I had the AAC MPW pistol and I SBR'd the AAC lower.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Form 1 that DD lower.  Takes about a month.

I had the AAC MPW pistol and I SBR'd the AAC lower.
View Quote
Takes about a month.

Unless they lose your fingerprint cards even though your tracking proves they were received, in which case they’ll disapprove your application and make you redo it and pay again while you wait for a refund for the first screw up.

I’m not bitter!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top