Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2023 11:00:24 AM EDT
So I’m intending on ordering my first suppressor in the near future. It’s mainly gonna be on my newly SBR’d 11.5” so I wanna stick with a full-size can. It might occasionally see use on a 16” Recce style rifle, but it’ll probably always be on the 11.5”. I don’t plan on buying a bunch of different suppressors for everything I own aside from my Mk12 getting an AEM5, so I’m really looking for one can to have “forever.”

I’m not chasing db’s or lowest back pressure, just reduced sound signature and muzzle flash.

I was leaning towards an RC2 cause it’s a tank, it’s proven, nobody really has much bad to say about it other than it’s not the quietest can put there, and back pressure isn’t terrible, and does well on short barrels. I’m also really found of the flash suppression on the 3/4 prong FH’s when shooting unsuppressed.

I haven’t kept up with the everything going on in world of silencers so I know there’s probably better options that I don’t know of. Any suggestions besides an RC2?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard to argue with the Griffin gen 2 Explorr 224.  I've got several 5.56 cans, this is my go-to now.  It stomps my Turbo K in a big way.  I'd go taper configuration if it were me, but lots of people are super hung up on HUB compatibility (massively overrated, IMHO).  They offer both versions.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I’m not chasing db’s or lowest back pressure, just reduced sound signature and muzzle flash.

I was leaning towards an RC2 cause it’s a tank, it’s proven, nobody really has much bad to say about it other than it’s not the quietest can put there, and back pressure isn’t terrible, and does well on short barrels. I’m also really found of the flash suppression on the 3/4 prong FH’s when shooting unsuppressed.
View Quote

you seem to have figured it out. i would recommend the rc2 for you. its a very balanced can.

the rc3 wont likely be announced till later this year/shot 2023; you will be more than happy with a rc2.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you’re probably on the right track with the Surefire RC2. I have a Sierra 5 in jail right now, and given some of the issues that seem to keep popping up with that can, I’m kind of wishing I’d gone with the RC2 instead. Maybe I’ll pick up an RC3 in the future when those are released. And hopefully my Sierra 5 was made after Dead Air implemented their new QC/QA process so I don’t have anything to worry about.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The RC2 is an extremely well rounded 5.56 suppressor and would serve you well.  If this is going to be your one and only, I'd wait on the soon to be announced RC3.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

you seem to have figured it out. i would recommend the rc2 for you. its a very balanced can.

the rc3 wont likely be announced till later this year/shot 2023; you will be more than happy with a rc2.
View Quote

Quoted:
The RC2 is an extremely well rounded 5.56 suppressor and would serve you well.  If this is going to be your one and only, I'd wait on the soon to be announced RC3.
View Quote

I’m so far out the loop, I didn’t know there was an RC3 coming soon. And there’s the rub with NFA, I’d love to get the wait started sooner rather than later but I’d hate to buy the RC2 if the RC3 is worth waiting for. If only it wasn’t a 9 month wait.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hard to argue with the Griffin gen 2 Explorr 224.  I've got several 5.56 cans, this is my go-to now.  It stomps my Turbo K in a big way.  I'd go taper configuration if it were me, but lots of people are super hung up on HUB compatibility (massively overrated, IMHO).  They offer both versions.
View Quote
I could only have one 5.56 can, that would be mine too.  It's a good compromise in weight, durability and size.

There is no way I would ever want a 17oz, 6.5" long RC2.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
I could only have one 5.56 can, that would be mine too.  It's a good compromise in weight, durability and size.

View Quote

I'll get on board with this. Last July it was a toss up between the Explorr and a Sierra 5, I went Sierra 5. I will add an Explorr at some point and don't think it's a choice you would regret.

I also agree hub is overrated. For anyone serious about the NFA game, muzzle devices are moot. If you've got the coin to play the game you got the coin for muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Why no T2 or the new T3 Turbo???
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I also agree hub is overrated. For anyone serious about the NFA game, muzzle devices are moot. If you've got the coin to play the game you got the coin for muzzle devices.
View Quote
The only reason I went with HUB is because I like the DA Xeno mount better than the other mounts on the market. HUB gives me the freedom to choose the mount I want and the suppressor I want. I don't like being forced into a certain company's mount.

Griffin's Plan A Taper Mount isn't bad, I just like Xeno better and since I have the freedom to choose, I choose to exercise that freedom.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#10]
If the weight of the rc2 doesn’t bother you, just get the SCI-Six. It is quite tankish, and way way quieter. RC2 does have a more robust mounting system though.

For what it’s worth, I love my Flow 556k, Dual-Lok 5, and Sierra 5. I’d recommend any of those for this purpose.

I’m a big fan of the RC2 as well (I have two of them), but unless you value flash suppression over all other considerations, the newer cans have it beat, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The only reason I went with HUB is because I like the DA Xeno mount better than the other mounts on the market. HUB gives me the freedom to choose the mount I want and the suppressor I want. I don't like being forced into a certain company's mount.

Griffin's Plan A Taper Mount isn't bad, I just like Xeno better and since I have the freedom to choose, I choose to exercise that freedom.
View Quote

Fair point. I  like Xeno as well, I run it on a Nomad on 3 different hosts. I should have phrased my response differently though. At this point I don't think being locked into one type of mount i.e. Griffin's taper would sway me from not buying one. Especially if it were my only can,  but as we know, one can isn't typical.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#12]
My griffin eu2 explorr punches wayyyyyy above its weight class.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Twins
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about the Explorr stomps your Turbo K?
Quoted:

View Quote

I can understand this from a weight perspective. Durability wise, I assume there’s no concern from the all stainless construction of the Explorr vs stainless and inconel in the RC2?
Quoted:

I'll get on board with this. Last July it was a toss up between the Explorr and a Sierra 5, I went Sierra 5. I will add an Explorr at some point and don't think it's a choice you would regret.

View Quote

I can agree with the second point for sure. I’m definitely not concerned with the costs of mounts. NFA is not a cheap game to play. However, as far as mounts are concerned, I just want to make sure I get something that stays tight after hundreds of round and doesn’t accidentally send my can down range like an inert barrel launched grenade.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If the weight of the rc2 doesn’t bother you, just get the SCI-Six. It is quite tankish, and way way quieter. RC2 does have a more robust mounting system though.

For what it’s worth, I love my Flow 556k, Dual-Lok 5, and Sierra 5. I’d recommend any of those for this purpose.

I’m a big fan of the RC2 as well (I have two of them), but unless you value flash suppression over all other considerations, the newer cans have it beat, in my opinion.
View Quote

Weight isn’t really a concern. Only reason I really leaned to an RC2 is the last big range day I had with friends, a buddy brought out his Mk18 with an RC2 and it wasn’t really that heavy or unpleasant to hold and shoot for longer periods of time. And it didn’t seem to get carbon locked like I always hear about taper mount cans doing.
Quoted:

Fair point. I  like Xeno as well, I run it on a Nomad on 3 different hosts. I should have phrased my response differently though. At this point I don't think being locked into one type of mount i.e. Griffin's taper would sway me from not buying one. Especially if it were my only can,  but as we know, one can isn't typical.
View Quote

This was kinda another reason I was leaning towards the RC2, it almost removes the analysis paralysis of deciding on a mounting system. Xeno, Keymo, and any of the other proprietary/brand specific mounts. I mean I know the RC2 is a proprietary mount, but I’ve always liked the effectiveness of the flash suppression of the 3 and 4 prong when shooting unsuppressed, plus the RC2 has the military track record that shows it can handle a beating.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I like my Rugged razor 5.56, with the fh end cap. On a 11.5 bcm. Runs reliably, not gassy, pretty quiet to me, definitely impressed especially for the price.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree on the SCI-SIX also being a top option with your criteria. According to PEW Science, it trades a little muzzle performance for a little at-ear performance and also looks to have excellent flash suppression (I only have video to judge but it's impressive there).

I understand you aren't too concerned about weight but I wonder if that would change if you use it much on the 16" unsupported. I have a feeling you'll want to shoot only suppressed once you start.

I've got non-performance-related hangups with Griffin, but the Explorr, M4SD series, and HRT are definitely worth investigating for flash suppression. The Explorr in particular looks like a great all-around suppressor when weight is factored in.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Another vote for the explorr 224. Picked mine up
Wednesday. It’s just as quiet as my Recce 5, but about 5 oz lighter. Mine is the taper mount version
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can understand this from a weight perspective. Durability wise, I assume there's no concern from the all stainless construction of the Explorr vs stainless and inconel in the RC2?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I can understand this from a weight perspective. Durability wise, I assume there's no concern from the all stainless construction of the Explorr vs stainless and inconel in the RC2?
I'll let Green0 from Griffin answer this: (from this thread )  (also read this thread )

Practically, the Explorr suppressors are very durable.  This is because they have a lot of surface area, and the somewhat more thin material heats faster, and cools faster. The video darkened the shot of the 240, but about 15% of the EX3 body was glowing in daylight at the end of the 100rd belt. It stopped glowing in maybe 1.5 seconds. 308 heats faster and is higher pressure than 5.56, with about twice the powder charge for heating, so it is more tough on a suppressor/ has a lower sprint threshold of at least 50% lower. The can was totally undamaged with no visible baffle wear.

These cans are probably less good for this type of 9+ second, unrealistic sprint to temperature, but in practical sustained fire, they may have higher sustained rates of fire due to the more rapid cooling.

As a former 9 year infantryman I think these cans would be closer to perfect for real world infantry carbine/rifle combat use. They are also more advanced than most sniper weapon system suppressors issued today, some of which are 1.5 lbs heavier. Thats another category they would be great for.  That tripod shot was 475 yds on an ipsc steel, cold bore, 5mph .4 mil wind with a factory tikka T3x.  First shot of the day.  I pulled data from jbl balistics based on eye guesses of optic height above bore and guesstimated 6.5 hornady 140 grain velocity, and had zeroed that marketing gun at a not ideal 23 yds indoor. I was not very stable, the shot broke center moving through the target in wobble and connected. In sniper school we were trained to constrain tripod shots to around 220 meters as a more realistic standard.

The Recce 5 is more of a lightweight hybrid of the old school contract style suppressor where the disconnected leadership desk guy is writing a contract requiring some imaginary human wave attack defense style, punishing test to happen many times to the product with forced air cooling in the middle of the cycles.  Those standards decrease the practicality of the suppressors for 99.99% of the use they will see.  That class, adds unnecessary weight to over-burdened soldiers, but the Recce 5 is at the extreme lower edge of that class at 14.5 ounces with products up to 22 ounces represented and chosen.

Don't forget the RC2 was designed for use with machine guns. Do you have a machine gun? Heavier suppressors may stand up to severe sustained fire, but most people will never shoot that much. A lighter suppressor may only take a 4 or 5 full magazine mag-dump firing schedule as fast as you can pull the trigger, but A) They cool down faster, (so they will cool substantially while you reload your mags, or while you are running to the next shooting position in competition) and B) Who actually does this, and why? As Green0 has said (and is a retired combat soldier), actual US infantry riflemen don't even shoot that much constant sustained fire in combat.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Just because you have a machine gun doesn’t mean you have to be stupid with it.  Plenty of dialed in machine gunners go to great lengths to reduce cyclic rate to a sweet spot or learn trigger control for controlled pairs.  A few short bursts on target are more effective than a long string with only a 20% hit rate.  Mirage off the can becomes an issue.  Even in a desperate mad-minute suppressive fire scenario running out of ammo at the wrong moment is a trade off.  That said, having a get-stupid brick shithouse can is a warm feeling.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just because you have a machine gun doesn't mean you have to be stupid with it.  Plenty of dialed in machine gunners go to great lengths to reduce cyclic rate to a sweet spot or learn trigger control for controlled pairs.  A few short bursts on target are more effective than a long string with only a 20% hit rate.  Mirage off the can becomes an issue.  Even in a desperate mad-minute suppressive fire scenario running out of ammo at the wrong moment is a trade off.  That said, having a get-stupid brick shithouse can is a warm feeling.
View Quote
Agreed. When it comes to carbine suppressors, a lot of people seem to think they need a sledgehammer, when a good quality framing hammer would be a lot more appropriate.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#22]
My taper mount Gen 2 Explorr 224 finally got approved after 10 months, but waiting to get it until the Capitol Armory process plays out.  Bought is as a replacement for my Turbo K, which I find too gassy.  Also, GA has a better warranty coverage than YHM, IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What about the Explorr stomps your Turbo K?

I can understand this from a weight perspective. Durability wise, I assume there’s no concern from the all stainless construction of the Explorr vs stainless and inconel in the RC2?

I can agree with the second point for sure. I’m definitely not concerned with the costs of mounts. NFA is not a cheap game to play. However, as far as mounts are concerned, I just want to make sure I get something that stays tight after hundreds of round and doesn’t accidentally send my can down range like an inert barrel launched grenade.
View Quote

1.  Sound:  Explorr is noticably quieter.
2.  Flash:  Holy shit, stomping is a pretty kind way of putting it.  I shoot daytime and UNDER NV, the difference is comical.
3.  Gassiness:  Minimal if any gas to face; guns eject to much more normal geometry on untuned hosts vs. TK.  
4.  Doesn't have to be HUB (subjective)

Weight is sameish, length is close, warranty is similar but I think YHM said won't free warranty if using third party mount (whole point of HUB, sooooo...).  The sound and flash are the biggest drivers for me.  That is coming from someone who likes the TK, I've just found something objectively better for my uses.  Good luck with your decision.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I think y’all might’ve sold me on the Explorr. Between the weight and lack of any reported durability issues, plus the Explorr and stamp is cheaper than just the RC2 itself, probably gonna get the Explorr. I’ll save the RC2 for if I ever get more into the clone game.

The only other question I have is how effective is the Griffin flash hider compared to a 3 or 4 prong or even an A2?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think y’all might’ve sold me on the Explorr. Between the weight and lack of any reported durability issues, plus the Explorr and stamp is cheaper than just the RC2 itself, probably gonna get the Explorr. I’ll save the RC2 for if I ever get more into the clone game.

The only other question I have is how effective is the Griffin flash hider compared to a 3 or 4 prong or even an A2?
View Quote

I can't answer that question, just wanted to note that there are two models, one with Griffin's taper mount and one with a universal hub ("utility") mount to have more options.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I can't answer that question, just wanted to note that there are two models, one with Griffin's taper mount and one with a universal hub ("utility") mount to have more options.
View Quote

I noticed that but I’d probably just stick with the taper mount. People seem to like the taper mounts. And 2 Griffin taper mounts costs the same as 1 Surefire 3 prong.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I use xeno on mine. I got the hub version.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
That would be a good question for @Green0

Regardless of which version you get, the suppressor comes with a brake, but there are a myriad of different taper mount muzzle designs in a whole bunch of different threads on Griffin's website (Link here select your thread pattern on the left). There are a few three prongs and even combo compensator and flash hiders like the Flash Comp.

Also check out Midway USA for their selection of Griffin parts. I've found you can get some things cheaper there, especially with coupon codes.

Just keep in mind that a flash hider will be harder on your blast baffle, especially the open three and 4 prong type. If you are going to shoot a rifle exclusively suppressed, use a brake.

Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Regardless of which version you get, the suppressor comes with a brake, but there are a myriad of different taper mount muzzle designs in a whole bunch of different threads on Griffin's website (Link here select your thread pattern on the left). There are a few three prongs and even combo compensator and flash hiders like the Flash Comp.

Also check out Midway USA for their selection of Griffin parts. I've found you can get some things cheaper there, especially with coupon codes.

Just keep in mind that a flash hider will be harder on your blast baffle, especially the open three and 4 prong type. If you are going to shoot a rifle exclusively suppressed, use a brake.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just direct thread.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, after some more reading, I was figuring on the taper mount EZ brake for the 11.5 since that’ll end up suppressed any time it’s shot. I think I’ll still end up with a FH for the 16” (or 14.5” if I decide to rebarrel it)
Quoted:

We flash tested the Surefire 3P vs our 2.25 stealth on a 14.5" barrel recently internally using long aperture photography, and the stealth outperformed the Surefire slightly.  Our flash suppressor also outperformed the 3P in this independently performed TTAG test:
TTAG FLASH HIDER TEST 2

The Surefire and our unit are manufactured of similar material Surefire claims 15-5PH, which is essentially vacuum arc remelted 17-4 - an aircraft grade near equivalent to 17-4.  2% lower chromium content 1% higher nickel content.  ~97% of the material composition is common to both alloys- close enough that I don't think there is a functional difference between the two materials in this application.   A lot of our competitors make devices from more affordable, more free machining carbon steel which is very compromised by comparison for a mount inside a sound suppressor.  The same company that PVD finishes the Surefire units, PVD finishes our devices now.

The A2 throws 20" long 10" diameter fireballs on a 10.3" MK18.  A 2.25" stealth will stomp the flash out similar to the performance of the best flash suppressors that exist.  

Our closed tine flash suppressor will outperform an A2 significantly on short barrels. I tested it down to 11.5" and it was producing a couple dull red opaque points about 4" diameter.  

With the new gen 4 Flash comp, we also have an extremely low flash, extremely low felt concussion compensator in the lineup.  These are coming to the Dual Lok lineup soon. These are 2 baffle devices that protect baffles closer to a brake while combining performance attributes of a flash suppressor and compensator.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-lbyqmcyjkm/images/stencil/800x800/products/119/3504/IMG_9904-2__78630.1682961420.jpg?c=2
View Quote

Thank you for that explanation and the link. The pictures definitely showed me exactly what I was looking for. Definitely won’t have any concerns with flash from the Griffin FH.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine is sitting in jail, 40 miles away, waiting for the man's approval.  I went taper also.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We flash tested the Surefire 3P vs our 2.25 stealth on a 14.5" barrel recently internally using long aperture photography, and the stealth outperformed the Surefire slightly.  Our flash suppressor also outperformed the 3P in this independently performed TTAG test:
TTAG FLASH HIDER TEST 2

The Surefire and our unit are manufactured of similar material Surefire claims 15-5PH, which is essentially vacuum arc remelted 17-4 - an aircraft grade near equivalent to 17-4.  2% lower chromium content 1% higher nickel content.  ~97% of the material composition is common to both alloys- close enough that I don't think there is a functional difference between the two materials in this application.   A lot of our competitors make devices from more affordable, more free machining carbon steel which is very compromised by comparison for a mount inside a sound suppressor.  The same company that PVD finishes the Surefire units, PVD finishes our devices now.

The A2 throws 20" long 10" diameter fireballs on a 10.3" MK18.  A 2.25" stealth will stomp the flash out similar to the performance of the best flash suppressors that exist.  

Our closed tine flash suppressor will outperform an A2 significantly on short barrels. I tested it down to 11.5" and it was producing a couple dull red opaque points about 4" diameter.  

With the new gen 4 Flash comp, we also have an extremely low flash, extremely low felt concussion compensator in the lineup.  These are coming to the Dual Lok lineup soon. These are 2 baffle devices that protect baffles closer to a brake while combining performance attributes of a flash suppressor and compensator.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-lbyqmcyjkm/images/stencil/800x800/products/119/3504/IMG_9904-2__78630.1682961420.jpg?c=2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TTAG FLASH HIDER TEST 2

I think I need one of these duallok flashcomps for my DL5 in jail!  Thanks for the the heads up
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I put another 400 rounds through the explorr today. I love this can
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#35]
So last question. Obviously there were a lot of recommendations for the Explorr, and in more reading an comparison, it was said it was similar to the Recce 5. For those that have used both, other than the lighter weight, do y’all feel there’s any reason to spend the extra cash on the Explorr ($716), especially when the Recce 5 has a $100 manufacturer rebate ($626)?

I’m still definitely leaning Explorr, just doing some last minute narrowing down.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So last question. Obviously there were a lot of recommendations for the Explorr, and in more reading an comparison, it was said it was similar to the Recce 5. For those that have used both, other than the lighter weight, do y’all feel there’s any reason to spend the extra cash on the Explorr ($716), especially when the Recce 5 has a $100 manufacturer rebate ($626)?

I’m still definitely leaning Explorr, just doing some last minute narrowing down.
View Quote

I wanted hub and reduced weight.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I own both Recce 5 mod 4 and gen 2 Explorr 224.  Both are excellent, but,  of the two, the Explorr is what I'd buy again unless it was strictly for a semi-auto bench gun.  The fact that I like the looks of the Explorr better is icing on top, bit played no part in my preference.  In the NFA game, rebates and deals are great but you should just buy what you want (or think you want at that time).
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I wanted hub and reduced weight.
View Quote
I bought both the Recce 5 and the Explorr 224. These are the same reasons for my purchase. The weight difference is very significant (especially out at the end of a barrel) and I like the Xeno mount better than the Griffin mount.  I expect that I will not discern any difference in sound, but only recently got them out of jail and hadn't had a chance to get both to the range.

I also bought an Explorr 300, but have no plans for a Recce 7.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I bought both the Recce 5 and the Explorr 224. These are the same reasons for my purchase. The weight difference is very significant (especially out at the end of a barrel) and I like the Xeno mount better than the Griffin mount.  I expect that I will not discern any difference in sound, but only recently got them out of jail and hadn't had a chance to get both to the range.

View Quote

Please give us a range report when you do.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. love mine. lightweight is where its at. 9.5oz taper mount version.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Alright I think I’ve heard enough. Explorr it is.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Any suggestions besides an RC2?

Thanks
View Quote

I an speaking from personal experience.

Get a magnum/full auto rated 7.62mm can. It will last forever on a 5.56.

I would strongly suggest you get two 7.62 cans, two .45 pistol cans, and two rimfire cans all at the same time. You can get the wait done all at once, more or less, and you’ll have what you need for the rest of your life.

I have an AAC SDN 7.62, a Sparrow, and I am awaiting my other cans right now, at the 16 month mark.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I an speaking from personal experience.

Get a magnum/full auto rated 7.62mm can. It will last forever on a 5.56.

View Quote
You've worn out a 5.56 can?

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Alright I think I’ve heard enough. Explorr it is.
View Quote

For now I only have one can. I went with a recce 5 mod 4. It's a great can. Yes, a bit hefty, but solid. If I were to do it over again I'd absolutely get the explorr. Not because I don't like my recce (I absolutely do). Just because the weight savings are well worth it. Not concerned about weight? Save some money and get the recce. Hell, use the saved money to put towards a rimfire can. On something short (mine mostly lives on an 11.5) the balance with the recce is still pretty damn good. It gets more noticeable if I stick it on one of my 14.5s and even more so on a 16. 11.5 though? Pretty damn decent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top