Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2018 9:57:49 PM EDT
So I got this 80% Glock 17 frame a while back for under $50.  Its a polymer 80 gen 2 Glock 17 frame.  Only reason I got it is because it was cheap.  The problem I had with it is that I really disliked the contours and textures of the grip.

I was off work today and I saw the sad thing laying there in the box so I decided to do something with it.  First I took out my Dremel with a 120 grit sanding wheel and went to town flattening out the back strap and the side grips.  I also took a little bit of the plastic down because my smaller hands didn't fit the grip very well.  It really looked like shit, however, the grip was much more comfortable in my hands.  The downside was that it was completely smooth.

So I went to my local A.C. Moore and used a 40% off coupon to purchase a wood burner with different tips.  I just jumped right in and went to town.  Never did it before in my life.

Now I know that in the grand scheme of things that this stipple job is more towards the end of "sucks ass" than "bad ass," but IMO it turned out pretty okay for my first crack at it.  Only reason I tried it was because it was so cheap anyway.

Thinking about doing some Tungsten gray Cerakote on it to finish it off.

Anyway, here are the pics of my first home stipple job.  Feel free to flame away, or just give me some constructive feedback on how to do this better!  

Link Posted: 2/1/2018 3:05:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it looks as ugly as sin, but it's not my gun, so as long as you like it and don't plan on selling it then that's all that matters
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]
you didn't like the p80 grip but you did that to your pistol

whatever works for you
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]
You made it yours, for sure.
Just don't attempt to sell it as a "custom" job.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Why not?  It is custom.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why not?  It is custom.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not?  It is custom.
Spray painting a Honda civic flat black and bolting a park bench on the trunk lid doesn't make it "custom" either
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#7]
That's so ugly, It's pretty!

(pretty fucking ugly)

Still, that lump of plastic is nothing less than it was before.

Like O'jug-ears used to say; "If you like your own stipple job, you can keep your own stipple job"
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#8]
To each his own. As long as you are happy with it, who cares what others think.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:16:21 AM EDT
[#9]
It's better than my engraving job I did on my MP40p.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top