Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2022 5:43:03 PM EDT
Apparently I have been under a rock for the last 6 years...  

I bought the 556 version with the intention of getting the conversion kit for 300 which was something that I never got around to, so I stuck it into my safe and forgot about it.  My son pulled it out and started looking for the barrel conversion kit, and figured out that it has a bolt carrier group recall based off of it's serial number.  He tried to call Sig customer service, but lost interest and hung up.  

Is this safe to shoot?  It's all original, with less than 2 magazines through it.  It came with the Romeo 4 as a promotion, if that helps date it.

I joined the forum to see the pictures basically on the Optics page, researching a scope for my deer rifle, never really considered posting, until now.  Thank you for any advice on how to proceed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.academy.com/content/dam/academysports/product-recalls/Sig%20Sauer%20MCX12.21%20(1)-new.pdf

I would discuss this with sig as they may not warranty the part if there is ever an issue.  Sig states its rare and I cant recall if any member ever posted a AD with the pre recall bcg.  I had to do this early on as I was a gen 1 adopter (beta tester) for the original mcx.  It wasnt a difficult process to send the rifle in.  hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank You!

I printed off the PDF, I will follow up with this.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Stop.

You may want to sell it on Gunbroker first.  Pre-recall (as in no recall done) guns MAY go for more than a regular one right now.

I shot classes with a non-recalled MCX with an MBT trigger in it.  No problem.  IIRC, Sig said that it was only reproducible with .300blk ammo and under laboratory conditions.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I registered it with Sig, my serial number is in the low 8800’s.  I was Planning to follow up tomorrow.   It will take an aftermarket better trigger?  Do you run it suppressed?  How is your accuracy?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stop.

You may want to sell it on Gunbroker first.  Pre-recall (as in no recall done) guns MAY go for more than a regular one right now.

I shot classes with a non-recalled MCX with an MBT trigger in it.  No problem.  IIRC, Sig said that it was only reproducible with .300blk ammo and under laboratory conditions.
View Quote

My Virtus has an MBT trigger in it now. Works with the G marked latch SIG sells.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I registered it with Sig, my serial number is in the low 8800's.  I was Planning to follow up tomorrow.   It will take an aftermarket better trigger?  Do you run it suppressed?  How is your accuracy?
View Quote
Well, first figure out if you're willing to accept the risk of not doing the recall.  I was, but it's a personal decision.  Guys who are collectors will want the non-recalled BCG.  In fact, you could probably trade it for a modified one plus cash from some guys.  I'm no longer on Facebook, but the MCX owners group on there may show some interest.

The pre-recall ones will take any AR-style trigger, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll work perfectly.  The MCX has a much higher bolt velocity than an AR, so you risk damaging or breaking triggers or disconnectors.  I *think* LaRue said they'd warranty their MBTs if used in an MCX.  Geissele said they wouldn't warranty theirs, I *think*.  It's been awhile.  But Geissele has their MCX specific SSA, which is my favorite G trigger I have.

I run mine almost exclusively suppressed.  Essentially zero malfunctions.  I can only think of one time that the bolt didn't lock back on an empty magazine.  Accuracy isn't bad, but I don't often sit down at a bench and shoot for groups. From a field firing position, I don't have much trouble hitting a 7x11" steel plate repeatedly at 200 yards with a 3.5x ACOG on my 11.5" Legacy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top