Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2023 1:19:07 AM EDT
If you want a subsonic to plink with and don't want to pay premium fees from EA/VG/RRWS to load FMJ's this is a very solid load from Fiocchi. It will go super in 16" guns though.
5.7x28mm, 62gr FMJ, Fiocchi Range Dynamics (57sub62)

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Did I hear it correctly the other day when I heard someone talking about 5.7x28mm ammo say that the Gold Dot, American Eagle, and FN rounds are all loaded under contract by Fiocchi?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brazos609:
Did I hear it correctly the other day when I heard someone talking about 5.7x28mm ammo say that the Gold Dot, American Eagle, and FN rounds are all loaded under contract by Fiocchi?
View Quote
yes. Fiocchi loads all US based large scale commercial ammo to include SS197SR, Speer Gold Dot, and American Eagle TMJ. As well as Fiocchi's newest loads.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
@Buffman_LT1 At 62gr, do you think this opens the door for a functional M855 or M855A1 load in this caliber, or are those bullets too long to work?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
@Buffman_LT1
Have you tested their new Range Dynamics 40gr FMJ?
I assume it is pretty much the same as their AE load.
PSA has it at $.50/pr
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
@Buffman_LT1
PSA has it at $.50/pr
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@Buffman_LT1
PSA has it at $.50/pr
Since Fiocchi loads all US 5.7 ammo, the RD 40gr TMJ = the AE TMJ load. Expect the same powder charge and type, and potential for issues :D
Originally Posted By rudderbutter:
@Buffman_LT1 At 62gr, do you think this opens the door for a functional M855 or M855A1 load in this caliber, or are those bullets too long to work?
Bullets are too long. This 62gr load is questionably stable in the 5.2" threaded barrels and really needs the 5.5" or longer. Now the P50 is 1:7, I will work up an M855/A1 load and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:21:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy] [#6]
I ran some Fiocchi subsonic in my PSA Rock yesterday with Oculus 22 can. Good stuff
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
Since Fiocchi loads all US 5.7 ammo, the RD 40gr TMJ = the AE TMJ load. Expect the same powder charge and type, and potential for issues :D
Bullets are too long. This 62gr load is questionably stable in the 5.2" threaded barrels and really needs the 5.5" or longer. Now the P50 is 1:7, I will work up an M855/A1 load and see how it goes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
@Buffman_LT1
PSA has it at $.50/pr

@Buffman_LT1

Do you know the approximate altitude you were at when you tested the M855A1 for stability?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]

@Buffman_LT1

Do you know the approximate altitude you were at when you tested the M855A1 for stability?
View Quote
850' above sea level
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd be curious to see what this load would do in gel or for defense. If it tumbled it could be interesting.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By thesystem:
I'd be curious to see what this load would do in gel or for defense. If it tumbled it could be interesting.
View Quote
Should have a video for you in the next week. Video is done just need to write an article for it :D
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome, thank you. You are probably at the forefront of 5.7 info being pushed out.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 3:48:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top