Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2021 12:53:29 PM EDT
Just need to verify (now that archives are down). I mailed out my fingerprint cards the day after I submitted and paid the AFT.
Of course I sent the card priority mail and now tracking showing they are just sitting in some trailer, some place in the lower 48 state.

The ATF only cares that you mailed in 10 days not about receiving in 10days, correct?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The window for them receiving prints is bigger than what they advise.
You'll probably be fine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The window for them receiving prints is bigger than what they advise.
You'll probably be fine.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Your fine
Last month I had a set take 3 weeks to get there..
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply’s. This just pisses me off.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply’s. This just pisses me off.
View Quote

Same just happened to me...took 3 weeks to get there....then I was approved a week later.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
My last set were 20 days late. I got the form approved in 32 days.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Fucking ridiculous

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:12:35 AM EDT
[#8]
It's always a bad sign when the package starts going in the wrong geographic direction

Last fall I had a package that was going from GA -> TN. It got to the local distribution annex, then some enterprising person or machine decided to send it on a tour up the coast to Baltimore where it fell off the radar for several days. It did show up, but those were a nervous few days of "in-transit, arriving late".
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Well looks like i’m with good company then.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's always a bad sign when the package starts going in the wrong geographic direction

Last fall I had a package that was going from GA -> TN. It got to the local distribution annex, then some enterprising person or machine decided to send it on a tour up the coast to Baltimore where it fell off the radar for several days. It did show up, but those were a nervous few days of "in-transit, arriving late".
View Quote
It's been a few years, but I sent a package from NC to TX that spent some time in Kansas City, then went to Anchorage before heading back to CONUS.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Priority Mail envelope still supposedly sitting in Harrisburg PA for three days now.
GODDAMIT.

And this is after the Form 1 Application was parked in PENDING RESEARCH for 100 days.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a priority mail package that was sent on 12/17 that is still just sitting in the same spot it has been since the 26th.  The USPS is a joke.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Agreed USPS is a joke. Seems to be random.  I ordered some specialized gun mags from Oregon.  Vendor sent them Priority Mail, which worried me. They showed up 3 days later.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Well it looks like my prints arrived today. So I shall see if they approve everything.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought two machine guns last November.  I mailed the form 4s, check, prints, etc. to Oregon (where form 4s have to go).  It took USPS 27 days to get them there from North Carolina via "Priority Mail."  27 days, because you know, it was a priority.

Thanks USPS for adding a month to my already multiple month wait for form 4 approval.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Prints must have eventually arrived on the long trek from Virginia to West Virginia.

Stamp authorizing me to build Form 1 silencer arrived today by email. Of course the “stamp” is some fucked up PDF document that won’t open on an iPhone 11 running latest OS. Glad I still have an old desktop PC.

Original Form 1 was submitted in September. Sat in “pending research” for months before I got the cover letter to submit prints.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#18]
USPS is all sorts of fucked up. I sent my prints in 1/26 and they went to Harrisburg, PA on 1/30 and are still in transit to WV. I ordered some stuff in my own state and its going to take 6 days to travel less than 200 miles and it went to Minnesota which is the opposite direction it should be going.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought two machine guns last November.  I mailed the form 4s, check, prints, etc. to Oregon (where form 4s have to go).  It took USPS 27 days to get them there from North Carolina via "Priority Mail."  27 days, because you know, it was a priority.

Thanks USPS for adding a month to my already multiple month wait for form 4 approval.
View Quote

I bought a used Benelli M1 SBS that arrived at my dealer last week.  I sent the form 4 USPS again (I haven't learned) from North Carolina.  It was delivered in Oregon 36 hours later.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I just mail mine first class; never had an issue even when priority was screwed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top