Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2018 8:27:19 PM EDT
Is there an expiration date for fingerprint cards?

I have two extras from a Form submission a little over a year ago.  Can I still use them for a new Form submission now?

After all, it's not as if my fingerprints have changed in the past year; but logic and reason aren't always in effect when it comes to government bureaucracies...
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be good.  As you said your fingerprints don't cahnge.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should be good.  As you said your fingerprints don't cahnge.
View Quote
As he said, they should be still good, that said, finger prints do change, I know for a fact that two of my prints have changed in the last 5 years due to damage from accidents and I sent in updated cards for my file to indicate the new prints, not because they said I needed to, but because I knew there could be a question after the damage when I submit another request.

So don't think your cards can change, my son in law just severed an index finger so the next time he submits there will be a change in his file.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I would send them in if they don’t have a date on them. If they are dated over a year ago, I would have new ones done. This is just me and my paranoia though. I don’t want to take any chances for getting delayed over something that doesn’t cost me anything. My local PD’s do them for free and the cards are free. It’s well worth my 30 minutes that it takes to drive to the Sheriff’s office, get printed, and drive home to not have a chance to be delayed. I have never read that the fingerprint cards had to be so recent, but if they require the photo to be less than a year old, I would try to have the fingerprint cards be recent. I keep a blank set, even though I don’t know what I want next. I only have 3 NFA items and I am no expert on ATF regulations. Better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#4]
The only concern, would be if the cardstock, aka the actual government forms, have expired. That only happens when the DOJ renders a newer version of it, that includes something like "previous edition obsolete" after the form date.
To the best of my knowledge, they haven't done that in the past year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top