Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2022 8:46:24 PM EDT
I sent off my prints and cover sheet for a F1. USPS tracking show “awaiting delivery scan” for the last two fucking days.

Am I am able to call and find out if the ATF has received my prints or do I have to just ride it out until I get denied and then try it again.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
There are two things I've learned in life.

1. USPS sucks.
2. Anything NFA is......send it in and forget about it.

I have always done paper forms, so waiting months was the norm.  I know e-forms are different, but my advice is still the same.  Just wait until you get shitty news, or Christmas comes early.  Either way, you only create your own anxiety worrying about it. just my .02 cents.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
ya fair enough, i suppose i might have had enough time to send another set of prints if i knew they were lost or not but probably out of time by now. hopefully they disapprove it quickly if thats the case so i can start over again.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ya fair enough, i suppose i might have had enough time to send another set of prints if i knew they were lost or not but probably out of time by now. hopefully they disapprove it quickly if thats the case so i can start over again.
View Quote

As we've already mentioned, I'm in same quandary with USPS.  I was thinking about calling NFA branch monday morning and asking if they can determine delivery or not.  

If not, I'm going to re-send two print cards and this time certified mail. It will get there before the 10 day mark they want it by.

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I always use signature confirmation when sending in prints.  Regular delivery confirmation doesn't cut it.  With signature confirmation, I see WHO signed for it.  What's an extra couple bucks in the NFA game.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I always use signature confirmation when sending in prints.  Regular delivery confirmation doesn't cut it.  With signature confirmation, I see WHO signed for it.  What's an extra couple bucks in the NFA game.
View Quote

I dont remember seeing it in the options on click-ship.  thats what i get i guess.... im going to call mon and ask nfa branch.  if they cant tell me it was delivered and in their system by now im going to re-print-re-send.   an email bounced
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:22:17 AM EDT
[#6]
NFA replied to my email.

Advised the print-cards i sent with cover letter arrived on 7-20.

USPS simply never scanned it. And, it still shows waiting for scanning!  Ugh.

Phew!
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I sent my last ones Fedex 2 day.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NFA replied to my email.

Advised the print-cards i sent with cover letter arrived on 7-20.

USPS simply never scanned it. And, it still shows waiting for scanning!  Ugh.

Phew!
View Quote

mine said out for deliver on 7-20 so im hopeful that mine were delivered just never scanned. Im currently on hold with NFA branch to see if they can tell me if mine were delivered

got through after about 20 mins and the nice lady informed me by prints were indeed delivered on the 20th and my status is pending

hopeful my approval comes any minute since my last SBR i filed last month took 9 days
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

mine said out for deliver on 7-20 so im hopeful that mine were delivered just never scanned. Im currently on hold with NFA branch to see if they can tell me if mine were delivered

got through after about 20 mins and the nice lady informed me by prints were indeed delivered on the 20th and my status is pending

hopeful my approval comes any minute since my last SBR i filed last month took 9 days
View Quote

Good deal.  You and I were in the same NO-SCAN day for USPS on the 20th. Bunch of idiots. I don't get it. I really don't get it.

They replied to me via email, so you might try that next time.  Their reply came in at 6am CST. So they are up early. I'm sure I am pending as well and no need to call them thanks to their email. My submit day was only the 16 of this month so I don't expect much this fast but I'm at day 8 if your timeframe means much.

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good deal.  You and I were in the same NO-SCAN day for USPS on the 20th. Bunch of idiots. I don't get it. I really don't get it.

They replied to me via email, so you might try that next time.  Their reply came in at 6am CST. So they are up early. I'm sure I am pending as well and no need to call them thanks to their email. My submit day was only the 16 of this month so I don't expect much this fast but I'm at day 8 if your timeframe means much.

View Quote

I submitted mine on the 16th as well!

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#11]
This is one of the reasons why I did electronic prints.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Can't submit electronic prints for a form 1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top