Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2018 6:13:16 PM EDT
What a nice shooting rifle,  I was just getting it on paper before I bring it to the club in a few weeks.  Barns 110gr where amazing.Attachment Attached File

My point of aim was the 9
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
seems like it would really shine with subs and a can. then you can play sniper inside like 100 yards. should be fun
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
seems like it would really shine with subs and a can. then you can play sniper inside like 100 yards. should be fun
View Quote
The can is in atf jail,  im trying not to think about it right now
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 12:50:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Can I ask what optic you decided on? I’m about ready to get one myself and can’t decide on what optic to get for it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I put a sig whisky3. 3-9x40
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:48:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#6]
How's the feeding from AR mags?
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How's the feeding from AR mags?
View Quote
No problems in the 75 rounds I shot
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the height of your rings?  I just ordered my rifle today and have a "nice" Burris Fullfield 3X9X40 I want to put on it and have medium height Warne rings on it now will that be too high?
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What is the height of your rings?  I just ordered my rifle today and have a "nice" Burris Fullfield 3X9X40 I want to put on it and have medium height Warne rings on it now will that be too high?
View Quote
Your mediums should work just fine
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I just started looking at these rifles. I like them a lot. What I'd like to see them come out with is a camo factory stock and an integrally suppressed barrel.
An extended top rail would help too. I have a clip on NV. I'm sure this can all be done after market but it would get real expensive.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Need to work it with a can. I have two different friends that shoot with me....both with this exact rifle. Without the can, they shoot as you have shot. With the can, both rifles opened up stupid... Like 3 to 4 inch groups. I'm not sure whats up with that. Two different rifles, two different cans, multiple loads on each, with similar crappy results. Pull the cans off, and both rifles went back to shooting MOA.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Need to work it with a can. I have two different friends that shoot with me....both with this exact rifle. Without the can, they shoot as you have shot. With the can, both rifles opened up stupid... Like 3 to 4 inch groups. I'm not sure whats up with that. Two different rifles, two different cans, multiple loads on each, with similar crappy results. Pull the cans off, and both rifles went back to shooting MOA.
View Quote
Good to know I’ll report back when I get my can
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Both of my Blackout RARR’s play very well with my Ark30 thread on suppressor.  They do not play well with my Gemtech Quicksand.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Would there be any performance difference between this setup and 308 subsonic? It seems to me that extra case capacity and all that means nothing when going sub in 308. Cost factor aside, purely performance differences? Bolt gun only. Would 308 maybe have better, heavier BC bullets for longer range performance over 300BO?

I know better BC might be available in lower weight bullets but going sub I’ll take as heavy as I can get

Also I reload, so off the shelf Ammo isn’t a concern. I never considered 300BO and figured I could do double duty with 308, but if there is any performance differences it would be nice to know.

How far can a sub sonic 200gr-ish be practical?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#15]
well for one thing you need a fast twist barrel to get the most out of heavy subs . considering 1-10 and 1-11 twist are pretty common in 308 your kind of hamstrung with bullet selection  . most blackouts are  1-7 to 1-8 so you have a wider selection of bullets to use  all this pertains to sub-sonic rounds . Also case capacity in the 308 means nothing for performance and you are limited with powder selection and possibly needing a filler . the 300 blackout dont really have that issue  especially if you are shooting a bolt gun not to mention if you try to run a sub-sonic round in a semi-auto its going to be an expensive proposition .
one more thing 1050 fps is 1050 fps reguardless of being 300 blackout or 308 . I was going to suppress my m1a but in the end I just bought a mini-14 300 blackout so I can run sneaky pete suppressed or just drag out the m1a and let the big dog walk .
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got my RAR 300 AAC. Put a semi-junk scope on it for break in and general messing about; may upgrade later.
I haven't shot it yet; but have a bunch loaded for the AR. Chamber is a lot tighter in the Ruger; some of the easy chambering AR stuff barely closes in the Ruger.

Probably a hard no, but does anyone make a shorter mag for this?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just got my RAR 300 AAC. Put a semi-junk scope on it for break in and general messing about; may upgrade later.
I haven't shot it yet; but have a bunch loaded for the AR. Chamber is a lot tighter in the Ruger; some of the easy chambering AR stuff barely closes in the Ruger.

Probably a hard no, but does anyone make a shorter mag for this?
View Quote
I had to send mine back it wouldn’t chamber anything but 115gr ammo.

Its head spacing was completely wrong.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 1:22:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I had to send mine back it wouldn’t chamber anything but 115gr ammo.

Its head spacing was completely wrong.
View Quote
Same.

Original shot great regular and with can on it....haven't been able to shoot the one with replacement barrel yet. Hopefully just as accurate as my last one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:31:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Same.

Original shot great regular and with can on it....haven't been able to shoot the one with replacement barrel yet. Hopefully just as accurate as my last one.
View Quote
Looks like mines going back too. Has huge ring like gouges in the chamber. Almost like there was a burr stuck on the reamer or something

Can anyone confirm they're just swapping barrels? I did a lot of work to the bolt action to smooth it out and bedded the scope rail. I also added epoxy to the inside of the magwell to take some of the slop out.

I hope they dont want to replace the whole gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top