Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2021 8:05:52 PM EDT
Shooting 10m and the damn sights are hard to focus (age related). I can see great but need readers. Some suggested a diopter style peep sight.
Bought a set of Lyman (USA Made) Eyepal peep sights.

WOW! It's just a plastic self cling with a 1/16" hole in the center... But it sure the hell works. Not cheap, maybe could make your own with a hole punch..

First shot was a bull! All 10 shots in 9 ring! Really pumped. Going to bring out the 2300S and see what that one will do to paper now that I can see.

Lyman set one for pistol, one for rifle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, that is her stand up desk just inside the family room to the left... she was at the kitchen table working, I put up a chair to keep things less sketchy.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Just saw the "NoDak Spud LLC"... nice website, I'll look a little closer!
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Umm...how big are the little holes (approximately)?  I gotta try this, but I'm thinkin I could do something DIY to see if it works for me. Thanks.

OK, just re-read your post 1/16" for the pistol sight?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Just measured best I could....

About 1/16" (.0625")
It looked more like .050" - .055"

I'd try a punch or maybe a heated coat hanger, paper clip, through plastic cling.

I'm going to try some DIY also.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Update, from what I have learned at AGN and GTA, 0.047" and .050" are popular diopter openings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top