Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2020 6:19:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have checked prior to shipping. I will not ship to a PO box I will always check the ffl ez check just to make sure. All you can do now is hope they recover it and pray the insurance pays if not.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, but you said the gun is lost? Do you know if it is or is not for sure lost or sitting there?
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had a customer buy a gun. He wanted it shipped to an ffl. I send my copy of the ffl they send their copy back. I ALWAYS ship guns to the mailing address unless told otherwise. The mailing address is a po box.
    The other ffl stated the gun is lost. I explained I mailed it to the po box address and always ship to the mailing address unless told to ship to the premise address.

View Quote

<----Home based FFL who uses a UPS box as his mailing address.
I've found that far more licensees want the firearm shipped to their premises address than mailing address. Those that don't (like me) make damn sure it obvious on our FFL of where to ship to.

What would you do?
View Quote

My first question is....how does that FFL know its lost? Second, how long has it been missing or when did tracking stop updating? USPS tracking was used to find Osama Bin Ladin, therefore it may take a while to update. USPS is going to tell you to give it X days before filing a claim.

What you can do right now:
1. Where does the tracking show it last? Contact that post office, tell them its a firearm and they need to let you know by this time tomorrow that they lost an assault weapon. It doesn't matter if it is or isn't an assault weapon.
2. Ask for the name and phone# of the USPS Postal Inspector office for that area.
3. Go to usps.com and send them a message telling them they lost a firearm shipment. That post office/distribution center/etc will now be getting messages of "what the hell happened?" from every direction.
4. Either party can file a claim for loss/damage/theft......but since the receiving dealer never received it, it falls on you. Buyer deserves to get what he paid for or a full refund.
5. Notify ATF the minute you think the gun really is lost. It most likely isn't "lost", just bouncing along from loading dock to loading dock.

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's in their po box. I'm not worried about recovering it.
View Quote

Does it show delivered?
Did you ship with Adult Signature on delivery?
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The other ffl stated the gun is lost. I explained I mailed it to the po box address and always ship to the mailing address unless told to ship to the premise address.
What would you do?
View Quote

Quoted:
It's in their po box. I'm not worried about recovering it.
View Quote

I send them a copy of the tracking showing "delivered"
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The guy on the other ffl end who is the only guy who has access to the po box is on vacation for 5 more days.
View Quote

I'm confused. Receiving dealer says gun is "lost", yet has not checked his PO box?
Tell him to go #$@& himself before he goes to post office to pick up the little slip that he signs to accept delivery.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#10]
So the other ffl is a tard, whats new?
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:30:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would have checked prior to shipping. I will not ship to a PO box I will always check the ffl ez check just to make sure. All you can do now is hope they recover it and pray the insurance pays if not.
View Quote

If there are two addresses on the license then I ask which I should use.  One I contacted used one address for UPS/FedEx and the other for USPS, but at least he was smart and wrote that on the license before he scanned it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Why are you shipping by default to mailing addresses and not premises addresses unless otherwise asked to?
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why are you shipping by default to mailing addresses and not premises addresses unless otherwise asked to?
View Quote

Cause you send mail to a mailing address?

Premises address is just that, where FFL license it is physically located. May not be a place where packages can be delivered. Los of places do not accept deliveries at premises address. Mine included.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Cause you send mail to a mailing address?

Premises address is just that, where FFL license it is physically located. May not be a place where packages can be delivered. Los of places do not accept deliveries at premises address. Mine included.
View Quote
I get almost everything delivered to the street address for my PO Box, which is the mailing address on our FFL.  Everybody there knows me and my wife (who often picks up packages), and they sign for all of the businesses deliveries (e.g., UPS, FedEx, etc.).  Never had any issues.

That said, I've got at least one LARGE wholesaler who refuses to ship serialized items to my mailing address, as a quick query indicates that it's the street address to the local post office, and the wholesaler told me they won't ship to post offices, nor will they ship to addresses that resolve to places like The UPS Store.  

While I will always contact a receiving FFL before shipping, I would default shipping product to the premise address before shipping it to a mailing address.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top