Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2022 12:00:13 PM EDT
Does federal 150 syntech run well for yall in your mp5ks and mp5s?  Im wanting to pick some up for my mp5 clones.  Ive heard these rounds are pretty quiet with a suppressor…
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't run in my MP5 clones, but I stopped using it in my Wilson AR9G PCC because the coating chipped off on chambering.

Wrote to Federal and heard crickets.

I stick with FMJ for my MP5 clones and my AR9G because they work and don't have coating issues.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the bee's knees in my HK SP-5. Quiet as it gets. Reliable, clean.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the only 9mm I've tried that my full-size clone didn't like. Fired and ejected OK but didn't feed reliably. Unsuppresed and on a clean gun.

It's easy on the ears so I get the appeal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I've shot a couple hundred rounds through my full size Zenith. I did have some failures to feed (bent the extractor spring as a result) but for the most part they ran fine and pretty quiet with a can. I did end up upgrading my bolt to the Moore Advance Dynamics MAD MAX as a result because nothing sucks more than one failure to feed/eject hosing the spring at the range and ruining your day.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
My PTR9 loves it, especially when suppressed. Only problem that I've had has been with the straight mags. No issue with the curved ones.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a couple of hundred rounds of it through my 9CT and 9KT without problem, and yes it is quiet with a can.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:20:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Not an MP5 but I ran 1,000 rounds of Federal Syntech through my SWD-11/9 with a Lage MAX upper and experienced no problems. However, I did notice a bit of red flakes from the coating all through the action and trigger group when I cleaned it. The chamber and bore were not any dirtier or harder to clean than normal.  

Federal used to sell this load cheap because it was cheaper to produce. Now, not so much.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top