Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2022 10:58:43 AM EDT
Lipseys has literally nothing in stock. Ever. Their top selling items eachw eek are the same crap handguns nobody wants and everything else is allocated.

Davidson's pricing is crazy high. I can buy on GunBroker cheaper than I can buy direct through them.

RSR Group has a ton of stock in their accessories but since I'm kitchen table I can't get firearms from them.

Who else is there that I should look into?
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Zanders.

Really it has little do do with you being a kitchen table and everything to do with how much you are spending with that distributor.

If you aren't spending $$$$$$, you aren't getting allocations. What you see on a distributors website is what's left over from their allocated product.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Zanders.

Really it has little do do with you being a kitchen table and everything to do with how much you are spending with that distributor.

If you aren't spending $$$$$$, you aren't getting allocations. What you see on a distributors website is what's left over from their allocated product.
View Quote

Reason I mentioned Kitchen Table is that disqualifies you from some distributors. RSR will NOT give you a firearms account without a brick and mortar store. I told them that I sell out of my home, keep inventory, and sell online, and they said not good enough.

My account rep at Lipsey's is lying to me then (not that I doubt it), told me the guns I keep asking for haven't been seen in months. So my potential customers keep going to GB instead.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Zanders, and Interstate Arms has been good to work with (their new website is almost unusable though so I go through sales rep for most stuff with them). Lipseys won't ship to my UPS store box even though it's my FFL's listed mailing address so I don't order anything from them. RSR is great for accessory stuff, and you can actually order guns from them if you have a drop ship account along with the regular accessory account.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Reason I mentioned Kitchen Table is that disqualifies you from some distributors. RSR will NOT give you a firearms account without a brick and mortar store. I told them that I sell out of my home, keep inventory, and sell online, and they said not good enough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

<---Kitchen table, have a firearms account with RSR since 2008.

My account rep at Lipsey's is lying to me then (not that I doubt it), told me the guns I keep asking for haven't been seen in months. So my potential customers keep going to GB instead.

Surely you knew before applying for your FFL that this is common. It's discussed weekly in this subforum.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

<---Kitchen table, have a firearms account with RSR since 2008.
View Quote

Then they changed their policy. I'm not just making this shit up over here. My application listed my home address with the hours of 5pm-10pm M-F and 9-9 S/S and it was denied as it's not an actual storefront.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Then they changed their policy.
View Quote

Yes they did. And they should be ashamed because RSR got its start as a home based business.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm home based and started my account with RSR in early 2012.  

I think the only sell to brick & mortar came in 2014.  At first they were talking about dropping all home based dealers.  They eventually grandfathered current home dealers.

A few years ago there were ways around the B&M rule.  I know guys that have a nice wood building (large shed) in their back yard that was accepted as B&M.  This was 5 years ago when I was doing a lot of gun shows.  They may have got more strict on the rules since then.  But it may be worth checking into.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm home based and started my account with RSR in early 2012.  

I think the only sell to brick & mortar came in 2014.  At first they were talking about dropping all home based dealers.  They eventually grandfathered current home dealers.

A few years ago there were ways around the B&M rule.  I know guys that have a nice wood building (large shed) in their back yard that was accepted as B&M.  This was 5 years ago when I was doing a lot of gun shows.  They may have got more strict on the rules since then.  But it may be worth checking into.
View Quote

I signed up with RSR in early 2021 as a home based FFL and never had any issue ordering whatever I wanted from them.  I just switched from a Sole Proprietor FFL to an LLC and now hope that I can transfer my account over, because I am still home based.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a full rsr account and a home based set up in May. I think it has to do with how rural you are, maybe. They asked for pictures of inventory and store front. I took a picture of our house and the 2 guns I had in inventory at that time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a full rsr account and a home based set up in May. I think it has to do with how rural you are, maybe. They asked for pictures of inventory and store front. I took a picture of our house and the 2 guns I had in inventory at that time.
View Quote

Seriously?
What the hell lol

*Off to take a picture of my house and inventory wall*
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I joined rsr in January of this year and they never asked for pictures of anything. Full access to their inventory at approval.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I joined rsr in January of this year and they never asked for pictures of anything. Full access to their inventory at approval.
View Quote

I'm going to call my AE and ask him I guess. See what he thinks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm going to call my AE and ask him I guess. See what he thinks.
View Quote

It was the same with Zanders, 2nd amendment wholesale and MGE.
Cmmgdealersales.com
Aeroprecisionusa.com
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Cmmgdealersales.com
Aeroprecisionusa.com
View Quote

I had zero issues getting Zanders, Lipsey's, and Davidson's.

Also have Anderson which must have tiered pricing. My AR lower price is higher than Aim sells them for.

RSR is the only one this far that gave me trouble. Which sucks as they seem to be the best stocked.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#15]
get the RSR accessory account anyways.

silencershop, allen arms. also direct with geissele, aero, BA, griffin, YHM, primary arms wholesale.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Cmmgdealersales.com
Aeroprecisionusa.com
View Quote

Any company that has their own retail, web or any type of direct to consumer sales means they are competing with you. Be sure they wont undercut you when $$$ runs short.

I ordered a bunch of lowers from Primary at the supposed dealer discount and two weeks later they had them on sale on their retail site for less than I paid. That doesn't engender dealer loyalty.

Rebel tried that with silencers. Begged for dealers, then started selling direct off their website.
I sent them an email saying you keep doing that and I'll never place another order. They stopped.
Rebel Silencers.....nice guys but a model of how not to run a business.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top