Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2020 12:22:41 PM EDT
Forgive my ignorance, but are these pistols and others like it (Ruger PC Charger Pistol) actually meant to be shoulder like you would a regular rifle?

What are the pros/cons of the PCC "pistol" vs a more traditional 16" PCC?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The FX9 is available in 4” and 8” pistol variants typically coming equipped with KAK Shockwave braces. They are great for the price and can hold their own against other AR9 type offerings.

PPC Pistols are great because they are much shorter and compact than their carbine counterparts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Trapshooter50:
The FX9 is available in 4” and 8” pistol variants typically coming equipped with KAK Shockwave braces. They are great for the price and can hold their own against other AR9 type offerings. 

PPC Pistols are great because they are much shorter and compact than their carbine counterparts.
View Quote

So the braces aren't really meant to be shouldered correct. The just provide additional support against or using the forearm?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Hunter8282:

So the braces aren't really meant to be shouldered correct. The just provide additional support against or using the forearm?
View Quote

everyone shoulders them and nobody has gone to jail over it. the atf doesnt care about stuff like that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the 4" version and it's been reliable and runs great suppressed.

Took off the Blade. It's too narrow and I like the SB3 better.

Let me know if you want pics.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

everyone shoulders them and nobody has gone to jail over it. the atf doesnt care about stuff like that.
View Quote

They dont care right now, there was a period of time where they did and they can change their mind anytime they want. So maybe best to just leave it as something everyone does but doesn't really talk about.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Will the Fx9 accept other tubes and or braces?

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Will the Fx9 accept other tubes and or braces?

View Quote

It takes any standard AR15 tubes yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top