Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2020 10:25:15 AM EDT
I have a spare FVSR sitting in the back of the safe and was thinking of putting a RDS on it, probably a Vortex Strikefire II I have sitting around

Anyone had any luck or any ideas with this? I have a scope for it that Ive had for years, but am looking for something different since I already have a few scope MKIIs
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What's your plan for this rifle? What distance do you plan to shoot it? Hunting? Games? How precise does your bullet impact need to be? Without knowing your intentions we can't comment on if a red dot will suffice.  Don't be afraid to use s high power scope on your .22. Im currently using a 6-24 on a 10/22 and a 4-16 on my fvsr, and use every bit of the magnification.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's your plan for this rifle? What distance do you plan to shoot it? Hunting? Games? How precise does your bullet impact need to be? Without knowing your intentions we can't comment on if a red dot will suffice.  Don't be afraid to use s high power scope on your .22. Im currently using a 6-24 on a 10/22 and a 4-16 on my fvsr, and use every bit of the magnification.
View Quote

Sorry, should’ve stated.

Just basic plinking. I already have several MKIIs set up and scoped, so this spare one would just be for popping cans, paper, throw my can on it and maybe harvest the deer and squirrels in my backyard if the WuFlu keeps going and food runs out. Just hope the neighbors don’t get mad
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are just plinking and stuff like that, then your red dot should be fine. you should be able to shoot much faster with a red dot and with a can on, it sounds like you will have a lot of fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top