Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/23/2023 7:37:25 AM EDT
$100 rebate on a Sub-2000, huh?

Yeah, well...your fucking check bounced. Assholes.

Edit: Kel-Tec's check cleared on the 2nd attempt. Hopefully they find a better company to handle their rebate programs in future.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You weren't supposed to cash it until the first?

Seriously,  that's messed up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#2]
What the !@#%%
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
$100 rebate on a Sub-2000, huh?

Yeah, well...your fucking check bounced. Assholes.
View Quote

When did you submit?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When did you submit?
View Quote

March 17th, IIRC. Check was dated 4-12-23
Deposited 5-17-23, bounced 5-22-23.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you serious?  Is this real?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL, why would you buy a sub 2000 in the first place???

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hell yeah, I'm serious.

Lesson learned.
Kel-Tec is forever removed from consideration.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Lol, keltec.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

https://www.keltecweapons.com/sub2000-rebate/

Don’t see anything about bounced checks in the promo.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Ouch.

Let us know what they say when you get hold of em.  I'm sure they'll cover it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Well. Call them. If they tell you to pound sand … contact FL attorney generals office for misleading marketing practices …
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#12]
That's a new one. It was my impression that these things are handled by an outside company for processing and payment. Keltec would have no idea that they payment was denied and the processing company probably screwed up somehow.

Kinda funny as I have never had a rebate check denied funds.  Most rebates get processed as pre-paid cards now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Just spoke w/ KelTec, apparently you're not the only one, OP.  They had a 3rd party doing the rebate work, so give them a call & they'll take care of you.

800 515 9983 - choose the technical support for rifles option in the phone tree.

I have no relationship to KelTec, I've just used SUBs for a long time & sell them as an 01 FFL at gunshows.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just spoke w/ KelTec, apparently you're not the only one, OP.  They had a 3rd party doing the rebate work, so give them a call & they'll take care of you.

800 515 9983 - choose the technical support for rifles option in the phone tree.

I have no relationship to KelTec, I've just used SUBs for a long time & sell them as an 01 FFL at gunshows.
View Quote

Will do, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Called Kel-tec, and after being on hold less than a minute, spoke with a representative that said he was going to forward my info, and that I would be contacted soon. He did say that there had been several instances of this.
He sounded fairly irritated. Not at me, I didn't get that vibe at all, but at having to deal with someone else's fuck-up.

Well, we'll see.
*shrug*
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Called Kel-tec, and after being on hold less than a minute, spoke with a representative that said he was going to forward my info, and that I would be contacted soon. He did say that there had been several instances of this.
He sounded fairly irritated. Not at me, I didn't get that vibe at all, but at having to deal with someone else's fuck-up.

Well, we'll see.
*shrug*
View Quote

Did your bank charge you a fee for the bounced check? If so l hope keltec is covering that one too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yet another entry in George getting fucked by third parties. That man pretty much can't catch a damn break.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

10 times out of 9 I would agree with you but I secretly want a Sub CQB
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a big Form 1, but my stock Gen 2 is pretty quiet w/ WWB 147 grn.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yet another entry in George getting fucked by third parties. That man pretty much can't catch a damn break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He rises to the top every time, though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding! I'm amazed how many times he's managed to just keep on trudging along. The man is an inspiration to me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have a big Form 1, but my stock Gen 2 is pretty quiet w/ WWB 147 grn.
View Quote

I want one just to load 147 gr subs
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Got my check today in the mail.
Submitted 3/28.
Check dated 4/25.

I called Keltec and spoke to a lady and told her my concern for it bouncing. She said she was aware and was pretty sure the issues with the third party rebate company was rectified, but put me on hold to double check with your supervisor.
She came back and said yes it was resolved last week. She said if I do have any problems they will take care of me and refund me including any fee for the check if it bounced. She gave me her name and direct extension and told me to call her again if it happens, but hopes that it doesn't.
I will try depositing it tomorrow night on my way home from work.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:  Got my check today in the mail.
Submitted 3/28.
Check dated 4/25.

I called Keltec and spoke to a lady and told her my concern for it bouncing. She said she was aware and was pretty sure the issues with the third party rebate company was rectified, but put me on hold to double check with your supervisor.
She came back and said yes it was resolved last week. She said if I do have any problems they will take care of me and refund me including any fee for the check if it bounced. She gave me her name and direct extension and told me to call her again if it happens, but hopes that it doesn't.
I will try depositing it tomorrow night on my way home from work.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/gCZW4C8_zpszk9iufhb_GIF-113.gif
View Quote

Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Keep us posted.
View Quote

Sure thing ??
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I got a call from Sean at Kel-Tec on the 25th, and was told that they would have everything straightened out in "a day or two".
Hate to say it, but I'm not all that optimistic.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I got a call from Sean at Kel-Tec on the 25th, and was told that they would have everything straightened out in "a day or two".
Hate to say it, but I'm not all that optimistic.
View Quote

I'm confident you will be made whole.  I'm never confident on gun industry timelines to do so.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Well l Depo'd the rebate check into my account via the ATM this morning. Hopefully it doesn't bounce.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#29]
If Kel-Tec claims this is a fuck up by the 3rd party rebate vendor, I believe them.

It's not like they or any other gun manufacturer are looking to screw over their customers. All that does is invite scorn, hate and possibly legal action.

Call me naive, but my guess is Kel-Tec is as pissed about this as their customers and will make this right ASAP.  

BTW, I say that as someone who isn't a fan of their products. Owned a Gen 2 Sub2000 and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Functioned flawlessly, but the design and especially ergo's just did not work for me. At all.  

Keep us posted OP
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If Kel-Tec claims this is a fuck up by the 3rd party rebate vendor, I believe them.

It's not like they or any other gun manufacturer are looking to screw over their customers. All that does is invite scorn, hate and possibly legal action.

Call me naive, but my guess is Kel-Tec is as pissed about this as their customers and will make this right ASAP.  

BTW, I say that as someone who isn't a fan of their products. Owned a Gen 2 Sub2000 and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Functioned flawlessly, but the design and especially ergo's just did not work for me. At all.  

Keep us posted OP
View Quote

The SUB was designed by a Swede for the 95% percentile Swede.  

If you don't have high cheekbones, it may not be a good gun for you.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL!!!  No relation to Elizabeth Warren here, so no high cheek bones. Irish through and through. That's probably why it didn't work for me.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LOL!!!  No relation to Elizabeth Warren here, so no high cheek bones. Irish through and through. That's probably why it didn't work for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can make it work w/ an optic, but the Smith is easier to mount an optic on.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

MCARBO is an optic-mounting friend to owners of the Sub-2000. Their flip mount is first-rate.

This whole thing has put a bad taste in my mouth regarding the Sub-2000, and really Kel-Tec in general, though.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

MCARBO is an optic-mounting friend to owners of the Sub-2000. Their flip mount is first-rate.

This whole thing has put a bad taste in my mouth regarding the Sub-2000, and really Kel-Tec in general, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone makes mistakes.  It's how or if they fix their mistakes that matters.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#35]
They've extended the rebate out for a year, til 1 March 2024.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#36]
So I deposited it early morning on Wednesday 5/31. As of now I don't see any issues in my account. Never had a check or rebate deposited bounce before, so not sure if it is right away or takes a week or something, but as of the past 48+ hours since deposited it all seems to be fine with it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So I deposited it early morning on Wednesday 5/31. As of now I don't see any issues in my account. Never had a check or rebate deposited bounce before, so not sure if it is right away or takes a week or something, but as of the past 48+ hours since deposited it all seems to be fine with it.
View Quote

It took mine 5 days before it was returned for insufficient funds.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Have you gotten a new check yet?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It took mine 5 days before it was returned for insufficient funds.
View Quote

Ok. Well if by Tuesday nothing then l should be in the clear. We will see.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Have you gotten a new check yet?
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Tag.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:02:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Poors.

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Poors.

View Quote

Show us yer 9mm Title 1 rifle that folds to 16"?  My 5.56 rifle folds to 17", but I'll have $1500 in before optic when I'm done.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Show us yer 9mm Title 1 rifle that folds to 16"?  My 5.56 rifle folds to 17", but I'll have $1500 in before optic when I'm done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poors.

Exactly, thus the joke that some tool would be along to shit on it. I figured I would steal their thunder.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#45]
So...
I was advised that everything is fixed, and that if I still had the original check to redeposit it, and all will be well.
I had originally deposited the check via online banking, so there was no "This check's worthless!" stamp on it, so
I took it to the bank and explained the situation to the teller. When she was done with it, she said "You may want to wait about 2 days before you count on it being in your account, just to be sure".
I'm going to figure it's vaporware until I actually see the deposit listed in my transactions.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Since I deposited mine on 5/31 I have been watching my account and as of just checking it right now (approx 7 business days and 9 actual days) I still don't see it returned, so I think they sorted it out. I think you will okay now to try re-depositing it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:  So...
I was advised that everything is fixed, and that if I still had the original check to redeposit it, and all will be well.
I had originally deposited the check via online banking, so there was no "This check's worthless!" stamp on it, so
I took it to the bank and explained the situation to the teller. When she was done with it, she said "You may want to wait about 2 days before you count on it being in your account, just to be sure".
I'm going to figure it's vaporware until I actually see the deposit listed in my transactions.
View Quote

Er... I went round & round w/ this @ Navy Fed.

They deposited a $10k check from my USAA account - and encoded the account number 1 digit short.  Predictably, it bounced.

Got the check back from Navy Fed, deposited it again - not realizing that b/c Navy Fed had encoded the wrong account # on the check, it was NEVER going to clear.

I had to get another check from USAA to unfuck it.  I was not a happy camper.

So, if this is yer bank's fuckup instead of KelTec's, be prepared for it to bounce again.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:38:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I never buy anything solely with any rebate as a consideration.  Been burned too many times on stuff like this.
View Quote

I didn't buy it solely due to the rebate. I had a gen 1 and liked it; I figured that the gen 2 can only be better. It's redesign makes it a little better than the gen 1. MCARBO's upgrades make the gen 2 a LOT better.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top