Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2020 8:28:45 AM EDT
I just finished my Imbel on Imbel build last night and when function checking found out that it will not feed. I used two different South African mags. The bolt essentially just slips over the top of the round scratching it as it closes. My buddy also just recently finished an Imbel/Imbel build and the mags worked just fine in his gun so I tried his bolt in my gun and that fixed that problem, and putting my bolt in his caused the same FTF issues. I even put his bolt in my carrier just to make sure it wasn't carrier related and it still worked properly. So I believe the bolt is my issue. Comparing the two bolts mine is very rounded around the bolt head which I assume is a worn bolt? So my question is does my bolt look worn beyond use? If so is this normal to get from parts kits or should I reach out the Sarges Military Supply who I bought the kit from and see if they can help me out with another bolt or a refund to cover another bolt?

My bolt is the one on the left.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Complimentary pic of the full build.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Your bollt doesn’t  Appear it will sit low enough in the receiver to strip the The round out of the magazine and into the chamber.  It appears as if the cut on the bold face was done with the a grinder, but the strange part is the bolt looks well used. But it sounds like you definitely found the problem and I would purchase another bolt and check the headspace and roll with that.  Rifle looks nice
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your bollt doesn’t  Appear it will sit low enough in the receiver to strip the The round out of the magazine and into the chamber.  It appears as if the cut on the bold face was done with the a grinder, but the strange part is the bolt looks well used. But it sounds like you definitely found the problem and I would purchase another bolt and check the headspace and roll with that.  Rifle looks nice
View Quote

I posted on Falfiles as well and they agreed that the bolt seems to be the issue as well. I was already eying a kit so this pushed me over the edge to go ahead and order an Izzy kit. I'll either keep the whole kit or just take the bolt and sell the rest off.

And I appreciate it! I am very pleased with how it turned out. Arizona Response Systems cut the barrel down to 17.2" and it balances/looks great. Time will tell how it shoots.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top