Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2020 2:30:15 PM EDT
I'm thinking of selling my Gen 1 I bought when they were first released.  It's OD green and has the desirable trigger pack. Non optic version.   I took off the factory hider and replaced with a different one, but kept the original and will swap it back.

Any premium on these, or are they still around 2K?

I searched for awhile but did not really find much about pricing here, fn forum or GB.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
2kish, maybe a hair over, is what I usually see.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]
On GB there seem to be two different levels of pricing, been watching every FS2000 on GB for a while now... $2000-2100 for rifles that have been modified or are just poorly set up auctions.  Rifles that are unmodified and/or just look good seem to go very consistently for $2300-2400.  Occasionally one will go for as high as $2,600 but that’s usually NIB w/ accessories with lots of good pics from a seller that takes credit cards.  I haven’t tracked Gen 1 vs Gen 2 but it should be worth a bit more, downside is that unless you have removed the stock flash hider. I bid on pretty much every auction up to about $1700 in the off chance one goes cheap but have yet to score.

One thing I would suggest if you put it on GB is to take some good pics of the hammer pack.  Way too many unscrupulous sellers that are selling guns with modified packs and calling them Gen 1.  That’s a little harder with the FS2000 as it has white pack innards that are easy to tell from the aftermarket parts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all, im not ready to sell at today’s prices i guess.

Saved me from myself!
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]
How much you wanting to get?

I have seen some insane prices asked for FS2000s but they never seem to sell.  A couple weeks ago I saw a Gen 1 FS2000 at a gun show for $4000, it had a scope and looked good but there was just no way, it was $1500 overpriced.  My guess is that you bought back when they were expensive and then FN dropped the prices and blew them out and a bunch of people bought them for $1400.  Then they were gone.  Prices have climbed back up which makes a lot of people new to the platform think they are really gaining value but really they are just climbing back up to the original “normal” prices that the earlier buyers paid.

It will be interesting to see if FS2000s climb much more in the next few years but my bet is that they don’t.  The FNC is a far more scarce rifle and they run about $4k and I attribute a lot of that to the relatively low price of NFA sears.  Apart from that the FNC is a nice but orphan rifle with basically zero spare parts availability.  The FNC seems pretty durable enough for semi auto use but people still ping about the lack of spare parts.  The FS2000 is also pretty durable and parts are still kinda available but critical things like the switch haven’t been in stock for a very long time.  No real reason that you should break a switch unless you are just being dumb but all those really fancy plastic parts make people nervous and I think that will keep FS prices from climbing much more unless FN makes a very concerted effort to keep them available.  I talked to MGW a few weeks ago and they really didn’t have any idea if/when they might get more switches back in stock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Gen 1 will be worth a lot more, FS2000 with the forbidden we shall not speak its name are much rarer than PS90 so equipped.  Like 1 to 10 ratio.  Saw an optics hood gun w/box, excellent condition for $2400 or $2500.

They ran up in price quickly when discontinued and sort of stalled out.  There are so many other things to buy in the last few years.  Parts availability is meh at best.  And wonder if FN will ever release it again and/or make an improved version.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gen 1 will be worth a lot more
View Quote
Contrarian - you can buy that part from Man Kave and get the same functionality, so even fewer people are paying $$$$ for early gen guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top