Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2021 10:06:30 PM EDT
Want to sell my TNVC PVS14 so I can upgrade to a 31a.

Since I’m horrible at taking pictures, I can’t really get a good pic through the unit to show any potential buyers.

First question, IIRC, it’s frowned upon to post the data sheet. Is that true, if so why?

Second, my understanding is FOM = Resolution x Signal to Noise. My data sheet has a center resolution and a high light resolution, which do I use? There’s also a min and actual value for those specs, which do I use to calculate FOM?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Use the ACTUAL numbers and feel free to copy them all into a sale post. Folks just get a little antsy when the full sheets with the contract minimums are posted online. Dunno if any federales actually care, but better safe than spreading them worldwide.

Just use the center resolution * the signal to noise for the FoM. Gen 3 tubes lose quite a bit of resolution in highlight testing, that's normal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top