Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:42:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, that really sucks. I was hoping FLIR would have a change of heart and keep the TWS capabilities, but that press release from TNVC confirms it...

I guess FLIR just lost my business. There is nothing this device offers over the old Q14. Using the same name was a mistake.
View Quote
m

All my friends get mad at me and call me negative but I'm not. It's just most things turn out to be bullshit or suck or not as promised et cetera.

It's funny how quickly this thread and the locked one when from awesome and "this is the thermal God would use" to typically company who cares what the customer would like bs.

Whatever. Scout tk for me. That's all I really need anyway.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Can anyone take a stab at what the Boson clip-on sight from the thread that was locked recently is going to cost whenever it becomes available? How about to the nearest thousand dollar increment? 

$2000?
$3000?
$4000? Etc. 

This is the unit I'm most interested in. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
The new Lepton 3.0 12 micron microbolometer in the Scout TK Series is a great introductory beginners thermal for novices,  you'll like its performance out 100-150 feet. You can take it out of the country too, since it is only 9Hz and has no weapon mounting capability or reticules.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm in for the Boson core helmet mount with 9.1mm lens and the Boson Clip-On TWS with 25mm lens.

Boson is a total thermal game changer for the foreseeable future!
View Quote
@Skypup

So, I'd guess this 9.1mm will be an option? 
Or is that standard objective size?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
m

All my friends get mad at me and call me negative but I'm not. It's just most things turn out to be bullshit or suck or not as promised et cetera.

It's funny how quickly this thread and the locked one when from awesome and "this is the thermal God would use" to typically company who cares what the customer would like bs.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, that really sucks. I was hoping FLIR would have a change of heart and keep the TWS capabilities, but that press release from TNVC confirms it...

I guess FLIR just lost my business. There is nothing this device offers over the old Q14. Using the same name was a mistake.
m

I'm pretty sure God prefers the IR reap.  Mary and Joseph are big fans of Flir though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The new Lepton 3.0 12 micron microbolometer in the Scout TK Series is a great introductory beginners thermal for novices,  you'll like its performance out 100-150 feet. You can take it out of the country too, since it is only 9Hz and has no weapon mounting capability or reticules.
View Quote
Any word on price?  Sorry. I literally know nothing about thermal. I've been full on I2 until now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Scout TKs are $600-700.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Picture taken 45 yards away from two deer bedding down in front of my house using Seek CompactPRO (list $ 499, some places @ $ 449 but I've seen it as low as $ 410 on occasion).

Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I asked several months back if this Q14B will have internal recording and the thought was "no" do to limited size to add the recording feature this model. Has there been any info to confirm the recording feature is a go or not? Once again being a old model Q14 owner the weapon feature was way overrated it never worked great on the old model I know that's why FLIR got rid of that feature. They could leave it for a marketing gimmick sale tons more of them and then we would have 100 post here of folks complaining of all the issues they are having weapon mounted. I would like to buy the new model just for a mini monocular and wouldn't even consider buying it for a weapon sight already tried that one wasn't impressed. The eye relief wasn't good, the weapon mount sucked, Menu controls seemed out of place weapon mount etc. ect.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I asked several months back if this Q14B will have internal recording and the thought was "no" do to limited size to add the recording feature this model. Has there been any info to confirm the recording feature is a go or not? Once again being a old model Q14 owner the weapon feature was way overrated it never worked great on the old model I know that's why FLIR got rid of that feature. They could leave it for a marketing gimmick sale tons more of them and then we would have 100 post here of folks complaining of all the issues they are having weapon mounted. I would like to buy the new model just for a mini monocular and wouldn't even consider buying it for a weapon sight already tried that one wasn't impressed. The eye relief wasn't good, the weapon mount sucked, Menu controls seemed out of place weapon mount etc. ect.
View Quote
Yeah, it kinda sucked as a weapon mount due to everything you mentioned, the Boson TWS and Clip-Ons will be much better for actual weapon mounting, but don't tell that to the peanut gallery or you'll get endless butt hurt  dribble.

From what I understand, the prototype I was using did not have internal recording, but the newer production does have video and photos saved to an SDHC card, plus all the menus and button functions are completely changed and totally rearranged. One button is specifically for turning on internal video recording, just press that dedicated video record button and viola'!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#11]
The recording is great news! I don't know why a company wouldn't include internal recording or pictures on every unit the sale. When people post videos/pictures through your product its free advertising.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#13]
No worries.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@Skypup

So, I'd guess this 9.1mm will be an option? 
Or is that standard objective size?
View Quote
I believe it is standard.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:40:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, it kinda sucked as a weapon mount due to everything you mentioned, the Boson TWS and Clip-Ons will be much better for actual weapon mounting, but don't tell that to the peanut gallery or you'll get endless butt hurt  dribble.

From what I understand, the prototype I was using did not have internal recording, but the newer production does have video and photos saved to an SDHC card, plus all the menus and button functions are completely changed and totally rearranged. One button is specifically for turning on internal video recording, just press that dedicated video record button and viola'!
View Quote
In all the photos I've seen so far, there was no hint of removable storage access.  Has to be non-removable, internal storage.  There are only three buttons on the Q14 so I bet there will be shortcut key access to camera features.  IMO, FLIR would be complete idiots if they didn't expose the still/video capture thru one of those shortcuts.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Any 4th of July good news?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#20]
FLIR Boson software update this week lowers the battery consumption by 25% on the 320 cores.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Software update, We still need the systems! LOL

Seriously, I bought a XP38 Trail loving the scopes and just demo a Helion XP38 which was pretty amazing feature, performance and size wise. I'm fighting ordering one trying to hold out for 14B
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Any new info on this or other boson powered products?

specifically the clip on? 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Have some release info next week.
View Quote
Oh, yeah??

Spill it!
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#25]
It's "next week"!

Link Posted: 7/10/2017 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I heard something awesome!
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I heard something awesome!
View Quote
you scamp..
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#28]
... great report, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll try to be stealthy about it....
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#30]
So is anyone gonna talk about what they heard or know or are we just gonna sit around and whistle Dixie?  If you got information then post it up.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#31]
updates?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I suppose if there's nothing to update, then that's the update.
My body is ready.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
updates?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

In all the photos I've seen so far, there was no hint of removable storage access.  Has to be non-removable, internal storage.
View Quote
4GBs worth accessible through USB for still photos and videos.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#35]
! - just !

Wish it was removable and expandable...but - take my money now!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:30:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Its Thursday....week gonna end soon.  Need some info!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Did I make it before they announce the new update is that FLIR decided to save .27 cents per unit and make them no longer helmet mountable because that will add more value for the end user, and that's what we all wanted?

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Did I make it before they announce the new update is that FLIR decided to save .27 cents per unit and make them no longer helmet mountable because that will add more value for the end user, and that's what we all wanted?

View Quote
No, actually the helmet mount is a $0.27 option and works just fine, so light no counterweight needed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#39]
So what's the deal with the weapon mount option? Will it work in conjunction with a ride scope or is it strictly stand alone? Inquiring minds want to know..
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So what's the deal with the weapon mount option? Will it work in conjunction with a ride scope or is it strictly stand alone? Inquiring minds want to know..
View Quote
They removed that function. Because, you know.. consumers didn't want it anyway, and they love us so much they want to give us what we want.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Good thing they did not design it for a dedicated weapon mount as it would have been a crappy weapons system with the super short eye relief.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Can you walk around and navigate with these things on familiar ground comfortably and safely. 

I'm beginning to think that a thermal for Clandestine foot travel might not be such a bad thing after all. 

Did I miss the update this week?

Thanks. 
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Can you walk around and navigate with these things on familiar ground comfortably and safely. 

I'm beginning to think that a thermal for Clandestine foot travel might not be such a bad thing after all. 

Did I miss the update this week?

Thanks. 
View Quote
Yes, in areas you are familiar with, you'd trip or get lost if you were not used to the area in the daylight.

The helmet application also works extremely well for a passenger in a UTV scanning while riding shotgun for detection.

It provides such an outstanding image and is so ultralightweight you do not even need any counterweight.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Also work extremely well from a stationary stand helmet mounted for scanning and then targeting!

Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:34:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Any better idea on when these will be released?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Good question, I'm hoping the Aug time frame is still a go on the Q14B. I would also like to know if there will be Q14B models released with different lens sizes available like the 9mm-14mm-19mm sizes. I would think the 14mm and 19mm sizes would make great viewers for hunters.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Good thing they did not design it for a dedicated weapon mount as it would have been a crappy weapons system with the super short eye relief.
View Quote
Don't care. I want diversity in a product like that seeing how it's so expensive (relative).

They took it out for no other reason than $.

Engineers:  it wouldn't be perfect but we could easily swing more options in this and give the customer a better experience. Just have marketing be clear this option is a bonus and don't expect too notch performance

Customers:  *goes wild*

Bean counters/executives: *huddle together and whisper*:  the customers will gripe but buy it anyway. If we leave the features in it might eat into our other products. Greed greed greed money money money.

*features mysterious vanish and marketing tries to convince customers it's a good thing because "eye relief"

Classic move.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Dedicated TWS will be much better for use on a weapon, scanner will be much better in hand or on a helmet.

Clip-On will do it all......
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Dedicated TWS will be much better for use on a weapon, scanner will be much better in hand or on a helmet.

Clip-On will do it all......
View Quote
Does that clip on you had briefly not have the same eye relief issue as the Q14B would in weapon mount mode (no longer available)?

Aren't the Q14B and the clip on "c" the same housing? They look the same or very similar?

Does the clip on work on a helmet just like the Q14B?

thanks. 
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Does that clip on you had briefly not have the same eye relief issue as the Q14B would in weapon mount mode (no longer available)?

Both the Clip-On and the new dedicated TWS do not have any eye relief issues like the Q14B does.

Aren't the Q14B and the clip on "c" the same housing? They look the same or very similar?

No, totally different.

Does the clip on work on a helmet just like the Q14B?

We'll see soon, however it is larger than the scanner.

thanks. 
View Quote
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top