Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep that’s want I ordered eBay. I’ll check staples or Walmart wouldn’t hurt to have two Incase I loose it again LOL

Picked up cable download complete will give it a test run later.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 11:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Some pics from the PTS736

My dog in the hay at approximately 100 yards on a hot humid FL night.

Deer at 288 yards.

Link Posted: 7/28/2018 3:28:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn nice!!!
View Quote
I agree. Especially at that distance for a 320 core.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Not bad for that distance.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Had to use these sales question to let them know I was about to sell my pts233 due to piss poor customer service for not returning my 3 messages I left. Got an email in 2 days with the files.
So you folks who did the update, you just hooked up the unit to your computer, transfered files, unhooked, rebooted the unit?
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Had to use these sales question to let them know I was about to sell my pts233 due to piss poor customer service for not returning my 3 messages I left. Got an email in 2 days with the files.
So you folks who did the update, you just hooked up the unit to your computer, transfered files, unhooked, rebooted the unit?
View Quote
Yep, drag file to your 233 then un plug reboot and it does its thing.

Im gonna pre email FLIR, i may order a 536 unit if its not unobtanium.

@tnvc   is this in stock?
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Had some issues with the PTS233 tonight.  It kept shutting down immediately after powering it on.  Changed the batteries, same thing.  Pulled batteries and re inserted and would work as advertised....then it would do it again.  Power unit on, get the FLIR home screen then immediate shutdown......frustrating as hell.   This would come and go all night.  I use this unit as a hand held thermal since its got way better range than the WP sentinels.

Cleaned the contacts on the battery cassette and still it would act up.

Anyone else.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Friend with a PTS736 sent me this pic taken at an approximate distance of 1/2 mile. (Not lasered for obvious reasons)

Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The answer is always....BOTH.  Heading out in a couple hrs for a long moonless night  This will be my take alongs

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#13]
So I've been using the tnvc battery pack for obviously more battery and I've killed 2 cords in a mater of 3 outings. Where it plugs into the unit the connectors keep breaking thus resulting in me using the computer cord.

Anyone else run into this issue?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Also, anyone know of a GOOD rechargeable cr123 battery that's usable in the 233?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:We had several come in as I posted last week and not sure if any are left. We also have another batch in 2 weeks or less. Will know more Monday when the crew is back in the office. Thanks.
View Quote
@TNVC
Any word on the Breach being in stock? I bought mine recently but sounds like it could 8 - 10 weeks before another batch

Also, I've read the entire thread but I am not entirely clear if there is a firmware upgrade needed for the Breach, or was it one of the other weapon sights

Z
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Also, anyone know of a GOOD rechargeable cr123 battery that's usable in the 233?
View Quote
Consensus is don’t use rechargeable cr123s in these devices.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's not published because of ITAR. Customers that are interested in the update need to call Karl Cox in CS - (650) 265-4279.

More Breaches back in stock 2-3 weeks. More 536's just shipped to us today as well.
View Quote
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I'll figure out the firmware when the time comes

Speaking of when the time comes, if I ordered my Breach this week is it likely it will be 2-3 weeks before I'll have it, or should I really expect to wait 8 - 10? Not sure if there is a back order

Thanks for having great customer service and being active here as well. You make it easy to invest in good NV. My PVS14 is still rocking and was a hell of a good purchase thanks to you guys

Z
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Awesome news, thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

BTW, just saw this pic. Like what you did with the MOHAWK with battery storage.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I received an email from Karl Cox to update firmware and also to "fix" why my remote wont connect. He said folder has 2 files. The folder was 3.5 MB but the 2 files are 3,451 kb and 219 kb files both are .BIN files.

Is this correct? I dont want to crash my pts536

thank you
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:06:29 AM EDT
[#26]
That sounds right.

make sure your batteries are not in danger of dying during the process.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#27]
And the loading time takes longer than you might expect.....just wait.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And the loading time takes longer than you might expect.....just wait.
View Quote
This. You'll get to a point where you'll think, "this isn't working, it's froze". Just let it go. Wish I could remember now how long my Breach took.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks to all who responded. I will try the firmware update.

FLIR customer service is very bad. I had to send my 536 back because it shut down after every shot. They had it over 2 weeks, sent it back with a note saying put a little piece of rubber between battery pack and battery cover to keep battery pack from shaking from recoil. Did that, did not fix issue. Every shot, 6.5 creedmore, it shuts off and reboots. They didn't test it I guess or tested it on something with less recoil than a 6.5 which is less than rated .308.

I ordered the remote which came with no instructions at all, cant figure out how to get it to work.

Call customer service multiple times, no reply. E Mail customer service, no reply.

WORST customer service from any product I have ever purchased. I don't know how they stay in business.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thanks to all who responded. I will try the firmware update.

FLIR customer service is very bad. I had to send my 536 back because it shut down after every shot. They had it over 2 weeks, sent it back with a note saying put a little piece of rubber between battery pack and battery cover to keep battery pack from shaking from recoil. Did that, did not fix issue. Every shot, 6.5 creedmore, it shuts off and reboots. They didn't test it I guess or tested it on something with less recoil than a 6.5 which is less than rated .308.

I ordered the remote which came with no instructions at all, cant figure out how to get it to work.

Call customer service multiple times, no reply. E Mail customer service, no reply.

WORST customer service from any product I have ever purchased. I don't know how they stay in business.
View Quote
They are going to become irrelevant.  Other groups have caught or passed them in product and lapped them in CS
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Does the picture preview feature work on the newest breach firmware?  Waiting to update until I know that bug is fixed.

Any word on the 640 breaches?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does the picture preview feature work on the newest breach firmware?  Waiting to update until I know that bug is fixed.

Any word on the 640 breaches?
View Quote
Preview works on mine (image AND video)

SW Ver 2360
Bosun SW ver 2.0.148574

Everything seems to work as expected for me at this point, even Bluetooth Operation via the FLIR OTS Android app
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm at the end of my rope with this fucking piece of shit flir 233. After initial contact with tnvc on 8/12 and them having it over a month to figure out my cord to battery issue and finally getting it back last weekend, this piece of shit gave me a red screen and won't turn on. Hot batteries confirmed on both the tnvc battery and surefire batteries in the unit itself.

So before I use this fucking useless paperweight as a pinata, anyone got an idea on what this bastard is doing to me? It's been not working more than working and it's been the worst $2k I've spent.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm at the end of my rope with this fucking piece of shit flir 233. After initial contact with tnvc on 8/12 and them having it over a month to figure out my cord to battery issue and finally getting it back last weekend, this piece of shit gave me a red screen and won't turn on. Hot batteries confirmed on both the tnvc battery and surefire batteries in the unit itself.

So before I use this fucking useless paperweight as a pinata, anyone got an idea on what this bastard is doing to me? It's been not working more than working and it's been the worst $2k I've spent.
View Quote
Sorry to hear you’ve been having these issues, and unfortunately it isn’t the first time I’ve read about poor customer service experiences with FLIR.  There was a time where there was at least one or two rabid FLIR fanboys around here and I can’t help but wonder what they’d say about this seemingly common issue with their service.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear you’ve been having these issues, and unfortunately it isn’t the first time I’ve read about poor customer service experiences with FLIR.  There was a time where there was at least one or two rabid FLIR fanboys around here and I can’t help but wonder what they’d say about this seemingly common issue with their service.
View Quote
It's not poor customer service with anyone. It's poor product quality on flir. One being I was shipped a unit that was on backorder for 3 months and it immediately needed an update after coming off the assembly line and second now this issue.

I removed all batteries and I'll let it sit for a while. Maybe it will do something to it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Skypup is a higher up with Flir isn’t he?   Maybe he can help?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:42:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Got a red screen again this morning after leaving the batteries out all night.

I left it on to see what it'd do and it came on. So apparently if I want to use it I've got to turn it on 30min before a hunt to let it boot up like a windows xp computer.

I knew I should have got a pulsar for a little bit more money.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#39]
It amazes me there's no strong FLIR representative in this thread
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#40]
one thing I've noticed with some of the FLIR units is that if the onboard storage get corrupted, the whole damn thing goes wonky.

After the last FW update, my breach went schitzo.  Buttons worked intermittently or not at all.  Certain functions would crash the unit.  Screen freezes and lockups.

Went back and forth with a FLIR CS Rep and some of the SW engineers arranging to get a roll-back firmware.

Finally on a whim, connected it back up to the PC and was gonna try flashing various FW/SW combos to see what I could make happen.  Did a format of the storage and the thing worked better than ever.

Still does, not a problem one since I formatted it.

Might be worth a try?  (Just connect it to the PC like your're going to copy files across, right click on the storage like its a standard windows drive and select format)
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
one thing I've noticed with some of the FLIR units is that if the onboard storage get corrupted, the whole damn thing goes wonky.

After the last FW update, my breach went schitzo.  Buttons worked intermittently or not at all.  Certain functions would crash the unit.  Screen freezes and lockups.

Went back and forth with a FLIR CS Rep and some of the SW engineers arranging to get a roll-back firmware.

Finally on a whim, connected it back up to the PC and was gonna try flashing various FW/SW combos to see what I could make happen.  Did a format of the storage and the thing worked better than ever.

Still does, not a problem one since I formatted it.

Might be worth a try?  (Just connect it to the PC like your're going to copy files across, right click on the storage like its a standard windows drive and select format)
View Quote
How about no.... When I turn the nob to on, it needs to TURN THE FUCK ON. Flir can't take their piece of shit back and give me a refund.

Eta
I apologize if you think my frustration was directed toward you. You are trying to help with actual technical help and I thank you for that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#42]
2 full minutes to turn on with a bunch of clicking noises starting 5-10 seconds before startup and continuing after for as long as the unit is on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#43]
That's the sound of the NUCing. Which is normal. However, 2 minutes to turn on is not.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That's the sound of the NUCing. Which is normal. However, 2 minutes to turn on is not.
View Quote
It's NUCing every 10 seconds? Never did it that often before.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I understand.  Just saying that mine displayed all kinds of erratic behavior including power up/down issues.  The reformat fixed them all.  I'm assuming I likely corrupted the memory at some point by unhooking it from the PC in a less than correct way.

It makes sense, though.  When it powers up, one of the things the unit does is search the on board memory to see if you have copied over a FW or SW update that it needs to install.  Corrupted memory can make that process lengthy or impossible.  A reformat shows it who's boss again...

I was ready to bounce mine off a wall.  If I had taken 2 minutes to do the reformat in the first place it would have been better than ever before pretty much immediately.

( and don't think I'm a FLIR fanboy, i DO like the Breach for what it is.  But at least with FLIR you CAN update.  Love my REAP but updates involve a FedEx truck...)

Quoted:

How about no.... When I turn the nob to on, it needs to TURN THE FUCK ON. Flir can't take their piece of shit back and give me a refund.

Eta
I apologize if you think my frustration was directed toward you. You are trying to help with actual technical help and I thank you for that.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Who did you buy the pts223 from?  They can’t run any interference for you?  Flir looks like they are majorly shitting the bed on cs when they could have been heroes and unfucked Armasight.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Who did you buy the pts223 from?  They can’t run any interference for you?  Flir looks like they are majorly shitting the bed on cs when they could have been heroes and unfucked Armasight.
View Quote
I got the unit from TNVC and I've already sent an email. Tnvc has taken care of me in the past and I'm sure the will take care of me again.

I reformatted and it seems to have at least made it somewhat usable. I guess I'm going to have to carry a laptop every night I go hunting and reformat it every time it won't turn on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Man I know it fucking stings but you gotta relax.  Tnvc should be sending in Winston Wolf directly.   I had an issue with a Reap and they jumped on IRD on my behalf and got shit done.  I’ve had problems with all of the major thermal brands and was slavering fucking mad at all of them.    It doesn’t do any good.  You bought from Tnvc for this reason.  If they don’t fix this up for you something is fubar.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Man I know it fucking stings but you gotta relax.  Tnvc should be sending in Winston Wolf directly.   I had an issue with a Reap and they jumped on IRD on my behalf and got shit done.  I’ve had problems with all of the major thermal brands and was slavering fucking mad at all of them.    It doesn’t do any good.  You bought from Tnvc for this reason.  If they don’t fix this up for you something is fubar.
View Quote
You're right. Just sucks when you shell out this kind of money and it's been more of a problem than anything.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Any word on the 640's? Summer 2018 has come and gone.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top