Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I called and spoke to Denise and she sent me the Dropbox link but no instructions. I downloaded both files but I'm not sure which one to copy to the scope first.
View Quote
I don't think it matters.

I actually copied both both then disconnected from the computer to begin process. It updated one file at a time.

Two separate reboot sequences.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't think it matters.

I actually copied both both then disconnected from the computer to begin process. It updated one file at a time.

Two separate reboot sequences.
View Quote
Did the same, seems it loads the larger file first as it took the longest. Going to put is on the Stedi-Stock and go for a walk in a few minutes.

ETA So far there is an option turn BT on or off, I don't recall if that was an option in the old firmware. BT works with the app when the scope in the ON mode, not sure if it only worked in STBY on the previous version. STBY mode now turns the display off but keeps the scope hot, I can hear the shutter. When you turn it to ON, there is no boot up, it's ready to go. This gives you a stealthier mode if you don't want the display lighting you up or to conserve battery.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have the phone number? So far I'm not seeing one on their website.

ETA: Found one. Outside of business hours though, if it gets me what I need I'll post it later.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You bought five of them or was that supposed to be an "a"?
View Quote
Nope, bought five.  I'm the Lead Quartermaster for a .gov entity
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone have the phone number? So far I'm not seeing one on their website.

ETA: Found one. Outside of business hours though, if it gets me what I need I'll post it later.
View Quote
https://www.flir.com/support-center/rma/return-or-repair-flir-outdoor--tactical-products/

edit:

Why can't links be hot automatically, I hate having to do this from a cell phone.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.flir.com/support-center/rma/return-or-repair-flir-outdoor--tactical-products/

edit:

Why can't links be hot automatically, I hate having to do this from a cell phone.
View Quote
Thanks, gave them a call and got the files emailed.

Don't know if it matters, but the guy on the phone did tell me to only do one at a time. Updated mine with both files, but haven't had a chance to really play around with it much.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Whatever you do. Make sure your battery is new and don't turn the sumbitch off until it's done.

That larger file takes several minutes to complete.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Whatever you do. Make sure your battery is new and don't turn the sumbitch off until it's done.

That larger file takes several minutes to complete.
View Quote
Yep, good advice, I found that too. Fortunately I had a fairly new battery in when I ran them. The larger one took long enough that I was starting to question if it was froze up.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Also, make a note of your boresight position before update. Looks like a firmware update wipe that back to zero.

Oh well
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#10]
So after the update I am out last night using the scope for the first time under hunting conditions. My normal procedure is to ride around in the truck and when I see something with my scanner jump out and flip the PTS233 on to shoot.

Scope is set to "outdoor alert", sky/sea default settings seems to work really well now. Yes there's an occasional orange flush if I get too close to the hood of my vehicle or the really prominent tree trunk may still pop, but by and large it does a good job of separating animal from a wooded background, or an animal standing in a waist high soybean field.

In other words it works significantly better after the update without having to monkey around with the settings every time.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Well damn, I'm late to the party but just uploaded the new firmware. Thanks for the tip guys.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#12]
After dicking around with the PTS233, I've got to say, I'm impressed with the firmware update. Could be  psychosomatic, but it seems to me that it looks a lot better.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I emailed flir on Wednesday and I haven't heard back.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I emailed and called twice. The dude picked up the second time, so you may have to be a little persistent.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Just looked at some anticipated & quick reviews of actual PTS536 scope's on U tube.
Since I haven't bought a new thermal in almost 20 years, my expectations are high.
Now that their becoming available, I'm hoping back ordered unit's will be shipping soon.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I emailed flir on Wednesday and I haven't heard back.
View Quote
Best to call.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just looked at some anticipated & quick reviews of actual PTS536 scope's on U tube.
Since I haven't bought a new thermal in almost 20 years, my expectations are high.
Now that their becoming available, I'm hoping back ordered unit's will be shipping soon.
View Quote
I have to say that I am quite disappointed in the fact that these units are not shipping. When I ordered the 536 from TNVC the website said shipping March 2018, so all appeared to be ok and in stock.

When I placed my order with TNVC, not only was my credit card charged, but the website lead me to believe that I would be receiving the unit within days.

The day after I placed the order I got an email that said the units would ship in August.

I have now done some research, and this saga of new release date after new release date has gone on since 2017. Had I researched this I would still have the cash in my account, because I probably wouldn’t have ordered it. (Also some random dude in Texas is posting videos from one he got through a New York distributor?) So now I will decide to either wait until August (and likely be disappointed by a new later release date), or just cancel.

Just a little frustrated in the situation.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Check out P&R infrared. They have it in stock. Damn good company. I got my PTS233 from them and when the sumbitch broke a month later, they handled everything and got my unit to Flir to fix. Could not be happier with doing business with them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have to say that I am quite disappointed in the fact that these units are not shipping. When I ordered the 536 from TNVC the website said shipping March 2018, so all appeared to be ok and in stock.

When I placed my order with TNVC, not only was my credit card charged, but the website lead me to believe that I would be receiving the unit within days.

The day after I placed the order I got an email that said the units would ship in August.

I have now done some research, and this saga of new release date after new release date has gone on since 2017. Had I researched this I would still have the cash in my account, because I probably wouldn’t have ordered it. (Also some random dude in Texas is posting videos from one he got through a New York distributor?) So now I will decide to either wait until August (and likely be disappointed by a new later release date), or just cancel.

View Quote
Me too and I would've gone with the NY dealer too, had they provided financing.
I could've picked it up myself, as their only two hours away.
TNVC provided financing for me, so I went with them.
Every new gadget has release date issues.
I'm hoping that the late release of the 536 has to do with them making sure they work before they ship them out, not just getting them out there to meet a release date, as they did with the 233.
The 233 has had issues, but nothing a firmware update didn't take care of. I dealt with that Issue before, with an ATN X sight.
I'll let others do the beta testing and hopefully if bugs are reported or found with the scope, we ( the waiting crowd ) will know about it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm hoping that the late release of the 536 has to do with them making sure they work before they ship them out, not just getting them out there to meet a release date, as they did with the 233.
The 233 has had issues, but nothing a firmware update didn't take care of. I dealt with that Issue before, with an ATN X sight.
I'll let others do the beta testing and hopefully if bugs are reported or found with the scope, we ( the waiting crowd ) will know about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went with TNVC because they had such a good reputation with ARFCOM. I’m a little shocked that given the volume of sales they make with LEO and Military, that they do not have their hands on these units before anyone else.

Also, that they don’t have a warning on the website that this is item is not in stock (in fact they have a shipping date of March on the website). And finally, they charged my card, and have my money, for an item that they don’t even have a realistic timeframe for when this item will be in stock.

That’s roughly $4k that I could have in my investment accounts, or spent with a vendor that has the unit in stock. I doubt TNVC would be willing to pay me the interest on my money at the rate they are financed the units to people purchasing them under that route.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I went with TNVC because they had such a good reputation with ARFCOM. I’m a little shocked that given the volume of sales they make with LEO and Military, that they do not have their hands on these units before anyone else.
View Quote
Couldn't agree more.  Have asked this question before but it falls on deaf ears.  @TNVC, I thought you were tight with Flir?  Why is some random NV distributor in New York getting its hands on these units first?
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hmmm deaf ears.... Yes we do a lot of testing with FLIR.  Been privy to the 640 Boson with the Breach and 736 I took pics of a few months back I posted here.  Do keep in mind, some dealers had put orders in for the 536/736 back at Shot Show 2016 sight unseen.  As you know, even IF we're tight with any company, we will not put the item up on our web site, nor order anything until we have had ample hands-on.  We put our order in for the 536's/736's in Feb of this year after we T&E'd for approx. 2 months.  We were told initially (so was most everyone) they would ship out in March of this year.

Also, other no name dealers also routinely purchase from other companies who may have ordered sight unseen over a year and half ago. Also know, the first release of the 536's 5 weeks ago were VERY small in numbers, very. We are told our first shipment is at the end of this month.  Hope this helps.
View Quote
Thank you for explaining.  I do appreciate you only selling a product after you've vetted it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hmmm deaf ears.... Yes we do a lot of testing with FLIR.  Been privy to the 640 Boson with the Breach and 736 I took pics of a few months back I posted here.  Do keep in mind, some dealers had put orders in for the 536/736 back at Shot Show 2016 sight unseen.  As you know, even IF we're tight with any company, we will not put the item up on our web site, nor order anything until we have had ample hands-on.  We put our order in for the 536's/736's in Feb of this year after we T&E'd for approx. 2 months.  We were told initially (so was most everyone) they would ship out in March of this year.

Also, other no name dealers also routinely purchase from other companies who may have ordered sight unseen over a year and half ago. Also know, the first release of the 536's 5 weeks ago were VERY small in numbers, very. We are told our first shipment is at the end of this month.  Hope this helps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Couldn't agree more.  Have asked this question before but it falls on deaf ears.  @TNVC, I thought you were tight with Flir?  Why is some random NV distributor in New York getting its hands on these units first?

@TNVC

Thank you for the explaination.

If you don’t mind me asking, do you expect that the August date will actually be achieved (given how long this has dragged on)? Will you be able to fulfill all of your wait listed orders in August?

Also, do you typically charge customers credit cards for product that you don’t have on hand? I ask this because I had an interesting discussion with my wife that went like this:

Her: What the fuck is this $3,700 charge on the account ?
Me: it’s for a thermal scope I ordered.
Her: cool let me see it.
Me: well, I can’t. Apparently it won’t be available until August.
Her: If the they don’t have it, why the fuck did they charge you for it?  Don’t companies typically charge people when they have the item and are ready to ship?
Me: ?????

I hope you can understand my consternation with regard to this matter. If I don’t have that scope by early August, that order will need to be cancelled, and that money will need to be back in my account.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@TNVC

If you don’t mind me asking, do you expect that the August date will actually be achieved (given how long this has dragged on)? Will you be able to fulfill all of your wait listed orders in August?

Also, do you typically charge customers credit cards for product that you don’t have on hand? I ask this because I had an interesting discussion with my wife that went like this:

Her: If the they don’t have it, why the fuck did they charge you for it?  Don’t companies typically charge people when they have the item and are ready to ship?

I hope you can understand my consternation with regard to this matter. If I don’t have that scope by early August, that order will need to be cancelled, and that money will need to be back in my account.
View Quote
What's the interest rate your bank would charge on a $3700 loan? Cuz you're charging zero. ;) Multiply that by however many other customers are in a similar spot and you should have the answer.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@TNVC

We are told from FLIR it will be in August, not sure where you are on the list, nor how many units we have coming in. But get a hold of Jaimie and she can tell you where you are on the list. (See below)

Some new products we charge based on lead times, but back in March we also had a statement on our web site that you can simply email us to be placed on a email list as well due to long lead times. Either way, happy to refund if need be.

I understand, no issues at all.
@TNVC Thanks for the clarity.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Can someone for the love of God send me the fucking file? Lopez sent me the file in a "box" collaboration which made me install some fucked up app on my computer and it only pulls up a fucking PDF which wont open because it says the file is corrupted or not decoded right from the emailer.

Fuck you FLIR!
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do you have an order in with us txdx?
View Quote
Nope
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Can someone for the love of God send me the fucking file? Lopez sent me the file in a "box" collaboration which made me install some fucked up app on my computer and it only pulls up a fucking PDF which wont open because it says the file is corrupted or not decoded right from the emailer.

Fuck you FLIR!
View Quote
If you are using your cell phone to retrieve the email and view the link you were sent try switching from within the link to regular desktop mode. I was getting a similar error message until I discovered how to do that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you are using your cell phone to retrieve the email and view the link you were sent try switching from within the link to regular desktop mode. I was getting a similar error message until I discovered how to do that.
View Quote
With the help of bullf-16, we got it figured out.

I did just get off the phone with Karl at flir and I basically asked him why my unit did not ship with the update. It's all the engineers at flir making the call not him.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

With the help of bullf-16, we got it figured out.

I did just get off the phone with Karl at flir and I basically asked him why my unit did not ship with the update. It's all the engineers at flir making the call not him.
View Quote
Glad we got it figured out.  Pretty sad.....we had to go thru this.

Last flir product i buy.  Im very happy with it esp.  since the upgrade, but the fact that there is no info on their website about the need for the FW update and the hoops we all had to jump thru.  Pathetic job FLIR!

@flir   you may want to look into this
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Glad we got it figured out.  Pretty sad.....we had to go thru this.

Last flir product i buy.  Im very happy with it esp.  since the upgrade, but the fact that there is no info on their website about the need for the FW update and the hoops we all had to jump thru.  Pathetic job FLIR!

@flir   you may want to look into this
View Quote
Thanks again man!
I certainly agree. I am holding out on a new trijicon. It's  going to take me a few years to save up that kind of cash though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Am starting to regret going with Flir. Called 2 weeks ago to ask about the update for the PTS233. No one answers the god dam phone. Left a message with my info. Still haven’t received a call back. May sell mine.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#36]
What number are you guys calling that you're having so much trouble?

When I first tried I was using numbers that I was finding online and having zero success. When I tried the number at the link that Wildfowler posted at the top of this page I found a guy who was very helpful and had the update in my email that night.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What number are you guys calling that you're having so much trouble?

When I first tried I was using numbers that I was finding online and having zero success. When I tried the number at the link that Wildfowler posted at the top of this page I found a guy who was very helpful and had the update in my email that night.
View Quote
LOL....the word is getting out.  I emailed and called Denise even though my issue was taken care of.  Though painful.  I linked her this thread.  It doesnt surprise me their CS has improved for now.  Good on them but shame on them at the same time.

Maybe your calls were a month or so more ago when their CS was ok and before these issues popped up.

Bottom line, they have handled it ok IMHO
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Called this number twice. Dude picked up the second time and I had the update in my email 10 min later. Probably got lucky. But I must say, the new firmware makes this PTS233 look pretty damn good. And it retains the settings I have between on and off.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Wonder if the breech will get a update soon? It does get alittle old having to reset custom contrast setting every time you power off.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wonder if the breech will get a update soon? It does get alittle old having to reset custom contrast setting every time you power off.
View Quote
I have a Breach, not the PTS233. They will send you an update for the Breach, though I think the file name may have had "PTS" in it if I remember right, at least one of the files.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I wonder why the don’t post the firmware updates on their website like the always did with the RS scope line. Makes things a lot easier to find and down load.

Did the new breach software fix the issue of holding settings when powered off? Improve the overall performance any?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I wonder why the don't post the firmware updates on their website
View Quote
They claim it's an ITAR issue and they want to verify that you live in the states and the s/n on your scope.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They claim it's an ITAR issue and they want to verify that you live in the states and the s/n on your scope.
View Quote
They did ask me if I was a US citizen in the States, but they never asked for my Breach SN. Expected them to, and the question never came.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Got my download link finally.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Did the new breach software fix the issue of holding settings when powered off? Improve the overall performance any?
View Quote
Yes, it works like you expected it to work now.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes for me as well.  My first breach had issues, flir sent me a new one with updated firmware.  Huge difference.  Setting stay between on/off and you can even view videos right on the breach.  Although still cannot view photos on the breach...so the firmware still needs improvement.   Also the standby modes still do not work.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Awesome, any improvements in clarity or anything else you noticed?

Flir contacted me back quick ask for SN and F/W version should have the update emailed soon I hope.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone still without the update, I just called and they answered so there's someone at the desk.
He's emailing the share-file to me as we speak.

1 866 959 2259
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Flir sent my update whole process was less than 24hrs by email. Bad part is I can’t find my stinking cable

Had to order a replacement so looks like next week before I can update
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Flir sent my update whole process was less than 24hrs by email. Bad part is I can't find my stinking cable

Had to order a replacement so looks like next week before I can update
View Quote
Its just a USB type-c, get it saturday or tomorrow

type c
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top