Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2021 9:37:48 PM EDT
So apparently the USB port cover on my Breach got disappeared.

Does FLIR make and sell replacements?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a standard connector - nothing boutique - you should be able to get a replacement from any store that sells consumer electronics - ask for a USB C connector
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its a standard connector - nothing boutique - you should be able to get a replacement from any store that sells consumer electronics - ask for a USB C connector
View Quote

I don't need the connector, I need the little rubber cover that covers the port.  Provides moisture intrusion protection

The implementation of that cover on the Breach sucks.  It always wants to pop off by itself, and the tether is molded as part of the cover and affixed to the frame with a teeny tiny microscopic hex screw.  There's a teeny tiny hole in the tether that the screw is supposed to hold down, but rubber is stretchy and the microscopic head of the hex screw isn't big enough to really grab it well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I think he meant that any USB-C Port Cover will work.  

Like this one:

https://www.modcover.com/products/USB-Type-C-Port-Silicone-Rubber-Dust-Cover.html
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
When they get old, the rubber hardens and they stretch and pop off. FLIR customer service sent me two replacements free last time I asked for one, But you do need to have your device registered with them to get any service replacements.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think he meant that any USB-C Port Cover will work.  

Like this one:

https://www.modcover.com/products/USB-Type-C-Port-Silicone-Rubber-Dust-Cover.html
View Quote

Had no idea that was a thing.  Just bought 10 for $7 off Amazon, so I'll be set for a while!
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Lost mine this past weekend during a class. I got lucky though since it apparently fell off in the pocket the Breach was carried in, so I found it in the dryer afterwards. It never seems to be very secure in there, so looking around for a better option myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top