Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2018 8:28:25 PM EDT
What kind of limitation are in place on FFLs in states like California? Can they posses machine guns & other "banned" firearms like they can with the proper license in other states? With things looking they way they are here in FL with the possibility of a gun grabber being in the governors mansion I may finally pull the trigger and get my FFL/SOT.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I know in NY there are some class 3 dealers but they are few and far between...I am sure they are just for LEO
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know about Cali, but here brand new rifles, standard cap mags, and if they are class 3, dealers SBRS and MG's litter the walls.  They just can't be sold to us peasants unless .mil or leo.  One gun shop got in a few AR's and had them painted up and put on the wall just for eye candy.  FFL's can take in, send out, and transfer(if allowed) anything from free states.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you know how it would work if the FFL wanted to shoot these guns? Just take them to any range? I'm thinking getting my FFL is a way that I can maintain my shooting hobby (in addition to doing transfers, sales, etc.) if there is an AWB here in Florida.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
California has a specific permit for machine guns and the like (no suppressors ) but that permit is not an easy feat. They also have a special permit for high cap magazines too.

Both are for ffls only. Not like a permit an individual can get.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What kind of limitation are in place on FFLs in states like California? Can they posses machine guns & other "banned" firearms like they can with the proper license in other states? With things looking they way they are here in FL with the possibility of a gun grabber being in the governors mansion I may finally pull the trigger and get my FFL/SOT.

Thanks
View Quote
It kinda varies by state. There is no single rule.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you know how it would work if the FFL wanted to shoot these guns? Just take them to any range? I'm thinking getting my FFL is a way that I can maintain my shooting hobby (in addition to doing transfers, sales, etc.) if there is an AWB here in Florida.
View Quote
It is my understanding ATF takes a very dim view of that. You are supposed to be in the business of selling guns and such, not obtaining an FFL/SOT to obtain toys.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#7]
It's 100% determined by how the individual state's law is written.

There will not be an AWB passed here in Florida.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It is my understanding ATF takes a very dim view of that. You are supposed to be in the business of selling guns and such, not obtaining an FFL/SOT to obtain toys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What Hiram said !! .
.if ATF thinks your just doing this for personal reasons they will pull your license so fast it'll make your head spin!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Also in California. Certain cities (mostly in LA) limit you from selling certain handguns. I guess either cheap ass handguns or whatever other reason. I know Reseda is one of the cities that blocks ffls from selling certain ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top