Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2020 2:38:31 PM EDT
Gentlemen:

I current work as a gunsmith for a FFL, and am starting the process of stepping out on my own since the shop
I work for is getting out of the smith business.  This will be a home-residence based business, located in the county
with no HOA or other zoning requirements.

My question is:  When I submit the fingerprint cards with the application, do they have to be done by any particular
person or entity ?  I am an LEO and have done hundreds of fingerprints.  Is it permissible for me to do them myself ?

Or, must they be done by a LE department or other person ?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Gentlemen:

I current work as a gunsmith for a FFL, and am starting the process of stepping out on my own since the shop
I work for is getting out of the smith business.  This will be a home-residence based business, located in the county
with no HOA or other zoning requirements.

My question is:  When I submit the fingerprint cards with the application, do they have to be done by any particular
person or entity ?  I am an LEO and have done hundreds of fingerprints.  Is it permissible for me to do them myself ?

Or, must they be done by a LE department or other person ?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
View Quote
Nope, you can do them yourself, I have been doing my own for years now and I do for friends when they need them, never had a problem.

You can order cards for free with the correct numbers on them from the FBI depot and they will send them out to you.

Just use a quality pad and do practice, doing them on yourself is a bit different than printing someone else because of the way your hand flexes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope, you can do them yourself, I have been doing my own for years now and I do for friends when they need them, never had a problem.

You can order cards for free with the correct numbers on them from the FBI depot and they will send them out to you.

Just use a quality pad and do practice, doing them on yourself is a bit different than printing someone else because of the way your hand flexes.
View Quote
Thanks.   I already ordered the cards, and received them today.
I am assuming that I put my name as the person doing the fingerprints in the appropriate space on the card ?

Thanks again,

Scott
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks.   I already ordered the cards, and received them today.
I am assuming that I put my name as the person doing the fingerprints in the appropriate space on the card ?

Thanks again,

Scott
View Quote
Yup, I sign all of my and my friends cards as the taker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top