Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2018 11:19:37 AM EDT
I have always wondered about this and never asked.

I am an ffl. No I don’t have an SOT. Just not the time yet. But anyways.

I do have a few NFA items under my own personal trust.

Now to give a little back story I’ve always had issues with my NICS Backround check. Usually it gets denied. It’s something from my past (that’s been expunged over 10years now) but for whatever reason it always gets flagged.

So before I acquired my ffl I just resorted to getting our states CCW permit which obviously forgoes the nics and it’s a done deal when purchasing a gun. For the CCW I did have to show that that thing was expunged etc.

Anyways on to when getting my ffl I had to show something similar and showed my ccw as well. Examiner was more than fine with that license got issued.

So that’s the little back story to my backround fiasco.

Now I’m planning to get a few other nfa type stuff and of course now we have to deal with this background check before approval that ATF runs thru the FBI. I haven’t had to purchase a gun personally in a long time so I don’t know if that little fiasco has cleared up.

My question is the ffl field on the form 1, does that in anyway help me? If I was to put in my ffl would they forego that’s background check or does any body know?

I know kinda stupid everyone probably thinks just get the SOT and be done with it and not worry about it again. But I’m not planning to get one anyways right now and even if I did I’d be getting it at the appropriate application period time.

Anyways I hope someone can answer my question so I don’t have to talk to 20 diff people at ATF to try and explain this to them.

Also NICS appeal is not really an option. When I first had this denial issue the dealer handed me that little brochure and when I called it was like a year backlogged. I doubt it’s any better now. So not looking to do the appeal either.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have always wondered about this and never asked.

I am an ffl. No I don’t have an SOT. Just not the time yet. But anyways.

I do have a few NFA items under my own personal trust.

Now to give a little back story I’ve always had issues with my NICS Backround check. Usually it gets denied. It’s something from my past (that’s been expunged over 10years now) but for whatever reason it always gets flagged.

So before I acquired my ffl I just resorted to getting our states CCW permit which obviously forgoes the nics and it’s a done deal when purchasing a gun. For the CCW I did have to show that that thing was expunged etc.

Anyways on to when getting my ffl I had to show something similar and showed my ccw as well. Examiner was more than fine with that license got issued.

So that’s the little back story to my backround fiasco.

Now I’m planning to get a few other nfa type stuff and of course now we have to deal with this background check before approval that ATF runs thru the FBI. I haven’t had to purchase a gun personally in a long time so I don’t know if that little fiasco has cleared up.

My question is the ffl field on the form 1, does that in anyway help me? If I was to put in my ffl would they forego that’s background check or does any body know?

I know kinda stupid everyone probably thinks just get the SOT and be done with it and not worry about it again. But I’m not planning to get one anyways right now and even if I did I’d be getting it at the appropriate application period time.

Anyways I hope someone can answer my question so I don’t have to talk to 20 diff people at ATF to try and explain this to them.

Also NICS appeal is not really an option. When I first had this denial issue the dealer handed me that little brochure and when I called it was like a year backlogged. I doubt it’s any better now. So not looking to do the appeal either.
View Quote
Instructions, how do they work?

The instructions give you your answer. Providing your FFL allows you to bypass a lot of the crap. See 2c, 2d, 2g.

This is the one you will like:

2g. Photographs and Fingerprints. An individual transferee, except if
licensed as a manufacturer, importer, or dealer under the GCA, must (1)
attach to item 15 of the ATF Form 4, a 2 inch x 2 inch photograph of the
frontal view of the transferee taken within 1 year prior to the date of the
application and (2) submit two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258
(Fingerprint Card with blue lines) with the application. The fingerprints
must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly
equipped to take them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The instructions give you your answer. Providing your FFL allows you to bypass a lot of the crap. See 2c, 2d, 2g.

equipped to take them.
View Quote
One second.... need to redo my reply.

ETA - Ok i appreciate the info.

I get the part that i dont need to do 10-16 pretty much. Number 16 being the responsible person which is obviously that new requirement.

what would be the correct way to submit the Form 1?

Id like to put it under my trust, but thats my personal trust, and my FFL is under an LLC. So Would the correct way to apply because im going to put my FFL info on the form 1,  Should I be doing the form 1 under my LLC Entity which the FFL is under?

I Guess what im trying to say is, Can the "Maker" be my personal Trust like my other NFA items, and put in the FFL info which is not tied to my Trust.

I hope that makes sense.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Id like to put it under my trust, but thats my personal trust, and my FFL is under an LLC. So Would the correct way to apply because im going to put my FFL info on the form 1,  Should I be doing the form 1 under my LLC Entity which the FFL is under?

I Guess what im trying to say is, Can the "Maker" be my personal Trust like my other NFA items, and put in the FFL info which is not tied to my Trust.
View Quote
You must pick one entity/individual to be the registrant.

If you want to use your trust, then do not list the FFL. You'd be filling it out and submitting photo, prints, etc. just like anyone else with a trust completing a Form 1.

If you want to list the FFL and use the FFL perks (no photo, prints) then the Form 1 will be in the name of your LLC which holds the FFL.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I used my my FFL info when I did my one and only form 1.  I got my approved form back in about 3 months.  Interesting, though; when i did my last ATF inspection, the IOI asked to seek the firearm.  It's stored separately from my biz inventory (all my cans and SBRs) and I was worried that opening my personal property safe would enable the IOI to look at everything in there.  Nope, all she was doing is confirming I still had it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I used my my FFL info when I did my one and only form 1.  I got my approved form back in about 3 months.  Interesting, though; when i did my last ATF inspection, the IOI asked to seek the firearm.  It's stored separately from my biz inventory (all my cans and SBRs) and I was worried that opening my personal property safe would enable the IOI to look at everything in there.  Nope, all she was doing is confirming I still had it.
View Quote
You're a Sole Proprietor, right?

That's fine, because that's the only time the FFL is literally you as an individual.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

equipped to take them.
View Quote
Does that apply to C&R FFL03's? I just did an EFile Form 1 for an SBR and didn't list it. I got approved in 2.5 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does that apply to C&R FFL03's? I just did an EFile Form 1 for an SBR and didn't list it. I got approved in 2.5 weeks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

licensed as a manufacturer, importer, or dealer under the GCA
, must (1)
equipped to take them.
No because you aren't "....licensed as a manufacturer, importer, or dealer under the GCA...".
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats what I figured. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 3:45:27 AM EDT
[#9]
i had one last question.

When i did some form 1s thru eforms a while back before they took them off etc. i had my own personal login to Eforms.

Because i plan to file thru my FFL 1 or 2 form 1s thru eform. SHould i be using a new eforms account?

Should i make a new one under my FFL or it doesnt matter? i dont remember when i originally signed up for an eforms account under my personal if there was a field where it asks me if iam an FFL for the EFORM account (Not the form 1 itself)

i noticed on my personal account there is a tab under profile to add an ffl. Should i just add it there instead of opening another account?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top